graffitici

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
Hi,

I have an Asus A7N8X board (not the deluxe model) that has an onboard network adapter. I have successfully installed that under windows xp and linux redhat 9, and it is connected to my cable modem.
Then we needed to connect my brother's pc to mine in order to create a modest home network. We got a pair of Cnet Fast Ethernet Cards (which supposedly will work under Linux! Ha! We'll see about that!).
Now I need to use these two cards at the same time. However WinXp doesn't detect it automatically, and I can't add it with the Hardware Add Wizard?
The cards are working, since my brother's pc recognized it at first (he doesn't have any other adapters).

Is it possible to use these two cards at the same time? I would like to make an internet connection sharing, so there has to be a solution!

Thanks a lot!

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I have a A7N8X del. which has dual ethernet on-board
and using both to connect to another PC with no problems
I just configured it through WinXP wizard
I don't see why you couldn't use the on-board and a separate card for networking
also , I believe those cards use a Davicom chipset,
download their drivers and try it out

graffitici

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
Hmm. Your case is somewhat different though. You have two onboard controllers, so they are made to work with each other. However this may indicate that two separate cards can indeed work on the same machine. I should download the drivers of Davicom you say? Is that the name of the chip?

Thanks a lot for you help!

grafixmonkey

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
This thread has been around <i>how long</i> on the THG forum and nobody answered this?

You can have as many network cards as you want in your system. You use a crossover cable (as opposed to normal cable) to connect two network cards without a hub. All you have to do is configure software to get the different cards to communicate in the way you want.

I think this forum might be completely dead. I don't think anyone checks back here more than once every several weeks.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i check this forum every couple days at least. i usually just pass up the questions that can be answered by the person asking if they just took a couple min to read somthing.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!