screen resolution and colour depth

Anyone know how to change these?

Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop and select Properties. Choose the Settings tab.

Ted Zieglar

"Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BA3EDF-AE27-435C-A6D1-D5F884B0CF21@microsoft.com...
> Anyone know how to change these?

Thanks Ted. I did as you suggested but the pixels are 640 x 480 and it won't
let me make a change. The colour is lowest (4 bit) and same thing -- won't
let me change it. I'm in XP with a 17" monitor.

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop and select Properties. Choose the Settings tab.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BA3EDF-AE27-435C-A6D1-D5F884B0CF21@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone know how to change these?

That probably means your video driver is damaged, inwhich case you should follow the publisher's instructions for reinstalling.

If that doesn't help, then either your video card or your monitor needs replacing.

Ted Zieglar

"Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76090F7D-BB14-4CE5-A373-21B5CCEEE014@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Ted. I did as you suggested but the pixels are 640 x 480 and it won't
> let me make a change. The colour is lowest (4 bit) and same thing -- won't
> let me change it. I'm in XP with a 17" monitor.
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop and select Properties. Choose the Settings tab.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BA3EDF-AE27-435C-A6D1-D5F884B0CF21@microsoft.com...
>> > Anyone know how to change these?

Roadrunner

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004

What kind of computer do you have ? Is it custom build ? Or brand name ( IBM
, HP , Dell ) Tell us what disks you have with your computer and did you
just installed the operating system ( XP ) ? Sound like you need gracphic
driver and maybe a chipset driver

"Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Ted. I did as you suggested but the pixels are 640 x 480 and it
> won't
> let me make a change. The colour is lowest (4 bit) and same thing --
> won't
> let me change it. I'm in XP with a 17" monitor.
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop and select Properties. Choose
>> the Settings tab.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Sussie" <Sussie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Anyone know how to change these?

What monitor: CRT or LCD (DVI or VGA)?
Check in Device Manager or Dispaly Properties that you have the correct
grahics card and Monitor drivers.
Michael