Increasing Speed of Computer Processor

How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
following may provide some relevant data for my questions:

Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
AMD1391MHZ
Model is : Presario 900
OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
System type is: X86 - based PC
Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB

I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?

Thanks and all the best

--
jeffry
6 answers Last reply

    Follow the instructions here...
    [[Not Sure Which Memory Upgrade You Need?
    Want to eliminate the hassle and risk of getting the wrong
    memory—guaranteed, or your money back? ]]
    Memory upgrades
    http://www.crucial.com/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net,
    jeffry <jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
    > increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
    > following may provide some relevant data for my questions:
    >
    > Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
    > AMD1391MHZ
    > Model is : Presario 900
    > OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > System type is: X86 - based PC
    > Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB
    >
    > I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?
    >
    > Thanks and all the best
    >

    > --
    > jeffry

    MODEL: Presario 900 Series (905au) MEMORY UPGRADES
    256MB Module 269086B25 $38.98
    Just search for your make, model, & memory upgrades.
    512mb. is considered to be the minimum these days.
    As far as overclocking;
    'Favorite Products for Overclocking' (http://tinyurl.com/aemr9)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    "jeffry" <jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net> wrote...

    > How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
    > increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
    > following may provide some relevant data for my questions:
    >
    > Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
    > AMD1391MHZ
    > Model is : Presario 900
    > OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > System type is: X86 - based PC
    > Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB
    >
    > I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?

    Why not start with the HP support web site at
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en or
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?tool=prodinfoCategory&query=Presario+900&dest_page=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en?

    Then read through the available info including Memory Specifications and
    Upgrading RAM.

    Then go to www.crucial.com to find the memory modules you need.

    Notebook motherboards and CPUs are not as easily configured as desktops, so you
    are unlikely to be able to increase your CPU speed.

    Jeffrey

    Overclocking the cpu is not a good idea.. it can lead to instability.. re.
    memory, follow Wesley's advice..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "jeffry" <jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
    > increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
    > following may provide some relevant data for my questions:
    >
    > Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
    > AMD1391MHZ
    > Model is : Presario 900
    > OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > System type is: X86 - based PC
    > Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB
    >
    > I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?
    >
    > Thanks and all the best
    >

    > --
    > jeffry

    "jeffry" <jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
    > increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
    > following may provide some relevant data for my questions:
    >
    > Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
    > AMD1391MHZ
    > Model is : Presario 900
    > OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > System type is: X86 - based PC
    > Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB
    >
    > I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?
    >
    > Thanks and all the best
    >

    > --
    > jeffry
    You need more physical memory (512 mb or more). The manual for your
    computer should tell you how to do this. Be certain that you buy the
    correct type.
    You may find that disks that have more cache memory make some difference.
    And, let the system manage the pagefile size.
    Jim

    jeffry <jeffry.1tszq6@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >How can I increase the speed of my computer's processor? And how can I
    >increase the Memory my system has allocated to my browser? The
    >following may provide some relevant data for my questions:
    >
    >Current Processor is:x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 authentic
    >AMD1391MHZ
    >Model is : Presario 900
    >OS Name is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    >System type is: X86 - based PC
    >Total Physical Memory is : 256 MB
    >
    >I wish to double the the Total Physical Memory. What should I do?
    >
    >Thanks and all the best

    Compaq lists 4 different variants for the Presario 900, all of which
    have a 2 letter suffice following the 900 - 900AP, 900CA, 900LA and
    900US. Presumably there are differences between them so it would help
    to know which specific variant you have before making specific
    suggestions.

    The Compaq web site lists only a single processor for the 900US model
    at least (AMD Athlon XP 1700+ running at 1.47 ghz) so I doubt if a
    processor upgrade would be feasible. And overclocking a notebook is
    pretty well out of the question because, among other things,
    overclocking requires increased cooling and there is no way to do this
    on a notebook.

    More RAM would be a definite possibility, and Crucial is probably the
    top-rated supplier for this. The Presario 900 series notebooks all
    take PC2100 SDRAM using a 200 pin SODIMM module. This is a different
    size and shape module from the SDRAM modules used in regular PCs.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Microsoft Computers Processors Physical Memory Windows XP