I have quite a number of items in Add/Remove Programs that are missing the
Remove button. When I look in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I find
very few entries. Is there a way to restore the missing items so that
Add/Remove Programs will work? If not what are my options?

Thanks,

Ron

Use the programs' own uninstall utility, or reinstall the programs to regain
the entries in 'Add or Remove Programs'. I would try the former.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"RonTon" <RonTon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have quite a number of items in Add/Remove Programs that are missing the
> Remove button. When I look in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I
find
> very few entries. Is there a way to restore the missing items so that
> Add/Remove Programs will work? If not what are my options?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

Ted, thanks for the edea but small problem with that. The program that I am
having a problem with is Java. There are two old versions showing. There is
NO uninstall that I can find in the Jave files. If I try to re-install it I
get a message that says the latest is already installed. I am just trying to
get rid of those old versions.

Thanks,

Ron