Got screwed by Verizon's "proration"

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I signed a new contract on December 30. Previously, I had America's
Choice 400 minutes/monthon month-to-month because my old contract
expired a while ago. The new contract is also America's Choice, also
400 minutes/month.

Unfortunately, my billing cycle starts on the 7th of every month; e.g.,
December 7 through January 6.

The latest bill splits that period into two partial months: 12/7 through
12/29 and 12/30 through 1/6.

Since both the old and the new plans give me 400 minutes per month,
Verizon split that 400 minutes into two portions: they allocated me 297
minutes for the period 12/7 - 12/29 and 103 minutes for the period 12/30
- 1/6.

I did not use more than 400 minutes during the entire billing cycle, but
my usage was not evenly spread out during the month; I used more than
103 minutes during the period 12/30 - 1/6 so they are now charging me
$25 for excess minutes. (However, during the entire billing cycle
period, I used less than 400 minutes total.) So if I hadn't signed a
new contract, I wouldn't have been charged for any excess minutes.

Nobody at the store (where I signed my new contract) explained that
Verizon screws you if you don't sign a new contract EXACTLY on the first
day of a billing cycle.

I just got off the phone with customer service and they wouldn't budge
an inch. First, they said I had initialed my contract to indicate that
proration had been explained to me -- but that's not true. I initialed
nothing. Then a supervisor told me that the contract itself explains
proration. But it doesn't; I have it in front of me and it doesn't say
any such thing. Then she said I should go back to the store where I
signed the contract; I asked what good it would do to go back to the
store if nothing could be done and I was stuck paying the extra $25; she
said, "Then don't go back to the store."

I did some digging in this newsgroup and it seems I am not the first to
get caught by this proration gimmick. It also seems to be especially
ridiculous to prorate an existing customer who is going from a 400
minute plan to a 400 minute plan -- why prorate at all, except to have
an excuse to charge the customer more money? (The supervisor told me
that the justification was that my old plan had only 1000 free night &
weekend minutes, whereas the new plan has unlimited night and weekend
minutes.)

It's ironic that Cingular lets you carry unused minutes from one billing
cycle to another; Verizon won't even let you carry unused minutes from
one part of a month to another part of the same billing cycle.

Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to customer service about
this? The women I spoke with today were totally unyielding.
15 answers Last reply
More about screwed verizon proration
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Fortunately, $25 isn't too bad. Call back and ask again. Do that till you
    get it solved.

    These stories were common 4 to 8 years ago. I'm wondering why more people
    have more years using these services and still don't understand prorations?
    First time phone user? Never check usage mid-month especially when there is
    a plan change incurring prorations?

    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:N1OId.8817$hC2.6899@trndny04...
    >I signed a new contract on December 30. Previously, I had America's
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <N1OId.8817$hC2.6899@trndny04>, MW <mitch@nospam.net> wrote:

    > Nobody at the store (where I signed my new contract) explained that
    > Verizon screws you if you don't sign a new contract EXACTLY on the
    > first day of a billing cycle.

    When I changed plans over the phone, the CSR very carefully explained in
    detail how proration worked, and advised me to wait until the 21st of
    the month (the start of my billing month) to make the switch. Actually,
    I still had 15 minutes left on the old plan, so I didn't get stuck with
    excess minutes charges because I made sure not to use more than 15
    minutes during the rest of the billing month.

    And they gave me 30 days to revert to my old play if I wished.

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    I guess I've been fortunate. In every case I remember the rep told me to
    change over as closely as I could to my billing date to avoid your problem.
    I did get hit once, long ago, but it was chump change so I didn't complain.

    What ticks me off, besides what you said, where you go to a new plan with
    the same bucket and a BETTER promotion, is that when you sign up cold they
    don't make the billing date the date you start.
    There's always some kind of multi-day administrative delay in the billing
    system. Funny thing, they didn't wait 10 days to charge my credit card!!!

    If you walk into the store cold (no contract) and sign up on the first of
    the month, your billing period should be the first of the month. Doesn't
    happen. Every single time I've signed a (non-renewal) contract, I've been
    told I have like 80-90 or so pro-rated minutes to use until my contract date
    kicks in, usually 7-10 days. Not only that but they divide your peak bucket
    by 30 or 31 days to give you the smallest possible pro-rate per day. (400
    min/30 days is only 13 minutes per day, when in fact there were only 21
    billable days that month, which would have given you 20 pro-rated
    minutes/day). What percentage of people getting their first cell phone will
    only use it 13 minutes a day the first week?

    I'd understand if all the billing dates were standardized (all of them fall
    on the 10th, or whatever), but their billing dates fall all over the map. I
    refuse to believe they can't start a billing date the day you sign up. They
    must have made millions of dollars from people trying out their new "toy",
    calling everybody the first week of new signups.

    It's an obvious money grab, but as I said, I've been fortunate that I was
    aware of it when I walked out of the store.

    Dean
    __________________________________________-
    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:N1OId.8817$hC2.6899@trndny04...
    > I signed a new contract on December 30. Previously, I had America's
    > Choice 400 minutes/monthon month-to-month because my old contract
    > expired a while ago. The new contract is also America's Choice, also
    > 400 minutes/month.
    >
    > Unfortunately, my billing cycle starts on the 7th of every month; e.g.,
    > December 7 through January 6.
    >
    > The latest bill splits that period into two partial months: 12/7 through
    > 12/29 and 12/30 through 1/6.
    >
    > Since both the old and the new plans give me 400 minutes per month,
    > Verizon split that 400 minutes into two portions: they allocated me 297
    > minutes for the period 12/7 - 12/29 and 103 minutes for the period 12/30
    > - 1/6.
    >
    > I did not use more than 400 minutes during the entire billing cycle, but
    > my usage was not evenly spread out during the month; I used more than
    > 103 minutes during the period 12/30 - 1/6 so they are now charging me
    > $25 for excess minutes. (However, during the entire billing cycle
    > period, I used less than 400 minutes total.) So if I hadn't signed a
    > new contract, I wouldn't have been charged for any excess minutes.
    >
    > Nobody at the store (where I signed my new contract) explained that
    > Verizon screws you if you don't sign a new contract EXACTLY on the first
    > day of a billing cycle.
    >
    > I just got off the phone with customer service and they wouldn't budge
    > an inch. First, they said I had initialed my contract to indicate that
    > proration had been explained to me -- but that's not true. I initialed
    > nothing. Then a supervisor told me that the contract itself explains
    > proration. But it doesn't; I have it in front of me and it doesn't say
    > any such thing. Then she said I should go back to the store where I
    > signed the contract; I asked what good it would do to go back to the
    > store if nothing could be done and I was stuck paying the extra $25; she
    > said, "Then don't go back to the store."
    >
    > I did some digging in this newsgroup and it seems I am not the first to
    > get caught by this proration gimmick. It also seems to be especially
    > ridiculous to prorate an existing customer who is going from a 400
    > minute plan to a 400 minute plan -- why prorate at all, except to have
    > an excuse to charge the customer more money? (The supervisor told me
    > that the justification was that my old plan had only 1000 free night &
    > weekend minutes, whereas the new plan has unlimited night and weekend
    > minutes.)
    >
    > It's ironic that Cingular lets you carry unused minutes from one billing
    > cycle to another; Verizon won't even let you carry unused minutes from
    > one part of a month to another part of the same billing cycle.
    >
    > Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to customer service about
    > this? The women I spoke with today were totally unyielding.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:hSPId.10201$Dz2.7942@trndny09...

    >
    > I'd understand if all the billing dates were standardized (all of them
    fall
    > on the 10th, or whatever), but their billing dates fall all over the map.
    I
    > refuse to believe they can't start a billing date the day you sign up.
    They
    > must have made millions of dollars from people trying out their new "toy",
    > calling everybody the first week of new signups.

    They are set up that way for a reason. Imagine trying to find a billing
    vendor to print all 45 million bills within 24 hours of receiving the
    billing information. How much extra do you think that would cost? Or
    imagine trying to get through to Verizon on the day all of the deadbeats
    lose their service for non-payment. Or making a payment because everybody
    else pays at the same point in the billing cycle as you do.

    The billing dates are spread out (although not willy nilly) to allow
    spreading out the associated workload throughout the month. Much more
    cost-effective for VZW and their vendors and it actually allows for a better
    service level to the customer.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    As I wrote in an earlier post, I asked the right questions re. this. I was
    told there was no pro-ration and I now had 450 minutes to use in my
    "unchanged" billing period. I took from that that the policy had changed
    since I signed on around 3 years ago (and even then it was "pro-rated"
    because my plan wasn't a full 30/31 days, but rather around 13--go figure).
    Apparently many of the sales people, possibly especially the newer ones,
    don't know this. My reason for posting a topic on this was for anyone
    changing plans to avoid potential problems by calling CS/knowing what's
    going on prior to getting that bill with overage on it.

    I agree that you should call CS back until you get this resolved to your
    satisfaction (i.e.: a $25 credit). It's NOT fair. It isn't roll-over,
    etc. When you have an amount of minutes for a billing cycle, it should be
    for that billing cycle. According to that logic, VZW could take our montly
    allowance and break it down into 30.5 days and, if (and I don't have a
    calculator with me) we use 40 minutes on Day 1 and 20 minutes the next day
    and none for 3 days, well, we went over our alloted 20 minutes on that first
    day, so we must pay overage on that because our minutes for the month are
    broken down into 1 day billing cycles of 20 minutes each day, without
    roll-over..........see where I'm going with this?

    Good luck,

    Janie

    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:N1OId.8817$hC2.6899@trndny04...
    >I signed a new contract on December 30. Previously, I had America's Choice
    >400 minutes/monthon month-to-month because my old contract expired a while
    >ago. The new contract is also America's Choice, also 400 minutes/month.
    >
    > Unfortunately, my billing cycle starts on the 7th of every month; e.g.,
    > December 7 through January 6.
    >
    > The latest bill splits that period into two partial months: 12/7 through
    > 12/29 and 12/30 through 1/6.
    >
    > Since both the old and the new plans give me 400 minutes per month,
    > Verizon split that 400 minutes into two portions: they allocated me 297
    > minutes for the period 12/7 - 12/29 and 103 minutes for the period 12/30 -
    > 1/6.
    >
    > I did not use more than 400 minutes during the entire billing cycle, but
    > my usage was not evenly spread out during the month; I used more than 103
    > minutes during the period 12/30 - 1/6 so they are now charging me $25 for
    > excess minutes. (However, during the entire billing cycle period, I used
    > less than 400 minutes total.) So if I hadn't signed a new contract, I
    > wouldn't have been charged for any excess minutes.
    >
    > Nobody at the store (where I signed my new contract) explained that
    > Verizon screws you if you don't sign a new contract EXACTLY on the first
    > day of a billing cycle.
    >
    > I just got off the phone with customer service and they wouldn't budge an
    > inch. First, they said I had initialed my contract to indicate that
    > proration had been explained to me -- but that's not true. I initialed
    > nothing. Then a supervisor told me that the contract itself explains
    > proration. But it doesn't; I have it in front of me and it doesn't say
    > any such thing. Then she said I should go back to the store where I
    > signed the contract; I asked what good it would do to go back to the store
    > if nothing could be done and I was stuck paying the extra $25; she said,
    > "Then don't go back to the store."
    >
    > I did some digging in this newsgroup and it seems I am not the first to
    > get caught by this proration gimmick. It also seems to be especially
    > ridiculous to prorate an existing customer who is going from a 400 minute
    > plan to a 400 minute plan -- why prorate at all, except to have an excuse
    > to charge the customer more money? (The supervisor told me that the
    > justification was that my old plan had only 1000 free night & weekend
    > minutes, whereas the new plan has unlimited night and weekend minutes.)
    >
    > It's ironic that Cingular lets you carry unused minutes from one billing
    > cycle to another; Verizon won't even let you carry unused minutes from one
    > part of a month to another part of the same billing cycle.
    >
    > Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to customer service about
    > this? The women I spoke with today were totally unyielding.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > Not only that but they divide your peak bucket
    > by 30 or 31 days to give you the smallest possible pro-rate per day. (400
    > min/30 days is only 13 minutes per day, when in fact there were only 21
    > billable days that month, which would have given you 20 pro-rated
    > minutes/day).

    The original poster should try that calculation on the CSRs - it oughta be
    funny listening to them explain that one away. <g> Yep - it's not fair we
    'waste' our peak minutes when weekends are free - but I'd be happy if they
    don't prorate if the total minutes stay under the lowest allowance.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Sorry. I'm not buying, for a number of reasons.

    1/ The week-or-so delay in starting the billing period has always been the
    same for me over the years, no matter what day of the month I signed the
    contract. When I went in on the 5th, they started it on the 12th. Went in
    1st of the month, it started the 6th. Like I said in my OP, if it was
    standardized I'd understand, but what appears to be standardized is an
    unnecessary delay, enabling Verizon to snag those who either don't
    understand the pro-rate or who need to use their phone a lot from the first
    day.

    2/ I have never received a bill any sooner than 3-5 weeks after I signed up.
    I don't understand what you mean by "print all 45 million bills within 24
    hours of receiving the billing information." Have 45 million accounts ever
    been opened on a single day? Wow...

    3/ Same logic regarding the deadbeats...The way you explained it, all the
    deadbeats would have had to sign up on the same day in order to generate
    collection action on the same day.

    Verizon opens accounts every single day the stores are open for business.
    Pushing the billing cycle day back a week or more doesn't save anybody
    anything. All it does is create a constant flow of new customers who have
    limited bucket minutes to use in their first week, many of whom will end up
    paying extra because they exceeded the pro-rate.

    No disrespect intended, but your above statements, as well as "making a
    payment because everybody else pays at the same point in the billing cycle
    as you do" tell me that you misunderstood my OP. Or I stated it badly. If
    so, I apologize.

    Dean
    ___________________________________-
    "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    news:Sv-dnZ6phNxnUW7cRVn-3w@adelphia.com...
    >
    > "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:hSPId.10201$Dz2.7942@trndny09...
    >
    > >
    > > I'd understand if all the billing dates were standardized (all of them
    > fall
    > > on the 10th, or whatever), but their billing dates fall all over the
    map.
    > I
    > > refuse to believe they can't start a billing date the day you sign up.
    > They
    > > must have made millions of dollars from people trying out their new
    "toy",
    > > calling everybody the first week of new signups.
    >
    > They are set up that way for a reason. Imagine trying to find a billing
    > vendor to print all 45 million bills within 24 hours of receiving the
    > billing information. How much extra do you think that would cost? Or
    > imagine trying to get through to Verizon on the day all of the deadbeats
    > lose their service for non-payment. Or making a payment because everybody
    > else pays at the same point in the billing cycle as you do.
    >
    > The billing dates are spread out (although not willy nilly) to allow
    > spreading out the associated workload throughout the month. Much more
    > cost-effective for VZW and their vendors and it actually allows for a
    better
    > service level to the customer.
    >
    >
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:vQTId.24045$Vn2.17730@trndny06...
    > Sorry. I'm not buying, for a number of reasons.
    >
    > 1/ The week-or-so delay in starting the billing period has always been the
    > same for me over the years, no matter what day of the month I signed the
    > contract. When I went in on the 5th, they started it on the 12th. Went in
    > 1st of the month, it started the 6th. Like I said in my OP, if it was
    > standardized I'd understand, but what appears to be standardized is an
    > unnecessary delay, enabling Verizon to snag those who either don't
    > understand the pro-rate or who need to use their phone a lot from the
    first
    > day.
    >
    > 2/ I have never received a bill any sooner than 3-5 weeks after I signed
    up.
    > I don't understand what you mean by "print all 45 million bills within 24
    > hours of receiving the billing information." Have 45 million accounts ever
    > been opened on a single day? Wow...
    >
    > 3/ Same logic regarding the deadbeats...The way you explained it, all the
    > deadbeats would have had to sign up on the same day in order to generate
    > collection action on the same day.
    >
    > Verizon opens accounts every single day the stores are open for business.
    > Pushing the billing cycle day back a week or more doesn't save anybody
    > anything. All it does is create a constant flow of new customers who have
    > limited bucket minutes to use in their first week, many of whom will end
    up
    > paying extra because they exceeded the pro-rate.
    >
    > No disrespect intended, but your above statements, as well as "making a
    > payment because everybody else pays at the same point in the billing cycle
    > as you do" tell me that you misunderstood my OP. Or I stated it badly. If
    > so, I apologize.
    >

    Maybe a little bit of both- I just reread and saw part of the error of my
    ways. My apologies.

    Part of what I did post does apply- while the billing dates may seem all
    over the place, there is a logic to it and it has to do with load balancing
    accounts for maximum productivity and efficiency. As an example, let's say
    that they introduced a new plan next month as a one week promo- 1000 minutes
    for $5 (yeah- I know ). If everybody who signed up for the new promo had
    their contract date changed to that particular week, the load imbalance
    starts. Next month, free 3g phones are offered. Again, the migration
    starts towards the beginning of the month for people wanting the latest and
    greatest for free. Before, the load balancing allowed for a basic 25% split
    each week for billing. Now, the 25% becomes 40-50% after a few promos where
    the billing date is changed to reflect when the promo was taken (most
    people usualy jump right on the good ones). At that point, all of the
    scenarios I pointed out in the last post start coming into play.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    This is a long story, to which I never even finished. I'm sorry to tell you
    that if you spend all your time trying to explain this to a customer service
    person you're just wasting your time. You'll have to tell this story at
    least 5 times to get any satisfaction...if that even happens.

    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:N1OId.8817$hC2.6899@trndny04...
    > I signed a new contract on December 30. Previously, I had America's
    > Choice 400 minutes/monthon month-to-month because my old contract
    > expired a while ago. The new contract is also America's Choice, also
    > 400 minutes/month.
    >
    > Unfortunately, my billing cycle starts on the 7th of every month; e.g.,
    > December 7 through January 6.
    >
    > The latest bill splits that period into two partial months: 12/7 through
    > 12/29 and 12/30 through 1/6.
    >
    > Since both the old and the new plans give me 400 minutes per month,
    > Verizon split that 400 minutes into two portions: they allocated me 297
    > minutes for the period 12/7 - 12/29 and 103 minutes for the period 12/30
    > - 1/6.
    >
    > I did not use more than 400 minutes during the entire billing cycle, but
    > my usage was not evenly spread out during the month; I used more than
    > 103 minutes during the period 12/30 - 1/6 so they are now charging me
    > $25 for excess minutes. (However, during the entire billing cycle
    > period, I used less than 400 minutes total.) So if I hadn't signed a
    > new contract, I wouldn't have been charged for any excess minutes.
    >
    > Nobody at the store (where I signed my new contract) explained that
    > Verizon screws you if you don't sign a new contract EXACTLY on the first
    > day of a billing cycle.
    >
    > I just got off the phone with customer service and they wouldn't budge
    > an inch. First, they said I had initialed my contract to indicate that
    > proration had been explained to me -- but that's not true. I initialed
    > nothing. Then a supervisor told me that the contract itself explains
    > proration. But it doesn't; I have it in front of me and it doesn't say
    > any such thing. Then she said I should go back to the store where I
    > signed the contract; I asked what good it would do to go back to the
    > store if nothing could be done and I was stuck paying the extra $25; she
    > said, "Then don't go back to the store."
    >
    > I did some digging in this newsgroup and it seems I am not the first to
    > get caught by this proration gimmick. It also seems to be especially
    > ridiculous to prorate an existing customer who is going from a 400
    > minute plan to a 400 minute plan -- why prorate at all, except to have
    > an excuse to charge the customer more money? (The supervisor told me
    > that the justification was that my old plan had only 1000 free night &
    > weekend minutes, whereas the new plan has unlimited night and weekend
    > minutes.)
    >
    > It's ironic that Cingular lets you carry unused minutes from one billing
    > cycle to another; Verizon won't even let you carry unused minutes from
    > one part of a month to another part of the same billing cycle.
    >
    > Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to customer service about
    > this? The women I spoke with today were totally unyielding.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to customer service about
    > this? The women I spoke with today were totally unyielding.

    Many people have had these charges reversed. I'm surprised that your rep
    didn't take care of it -- especially since you didn't go over the monthly
    quota of either plan. I would call again (and again, and maybe again) until
    you get someone that is reasonable.

    If going back to the store isn't a hassle for you, here's my suggestion. Go
    to the state attorney general's website for your state and download a
    consumer complaint form. The AG asks that consumers attempt to resolve
    problems with vendors first. When you go to the store, bring the form with
    you and ask to speak to a manager. Explain your POV, that not only were you
    not informed of proration IN WRITING, but that you did not go over plan
    minutes for the month. Ask for the manager's help in filling out the form--
    would (s)he mind explaining the policy carefully so that you can fill in the
    form properly? Perhaps she can provide a brochure that explains the
    proration policy so that you can attach the form? If she actually has one,
    ask why it wasn't given to you when you changed plans? Could she please
    explain how you as a consumer were supposed to just "know" that 400 minutes
    was going to be divvied up for the month? Be calm and have the attitude
    that you are just looking for help in filing a complaint against VZW -- not
    her personally. Hopefully, the manager will realize it's far easier/more
    efficient to reverse the $25 charge than to go along with helping you file a
    complaint with the AG office!

    And if that doesn't work, call the local news before sending in your
    complaint to the AG. The local news is always looking for
    "consumer-at-risk" stories. Good luck.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    ileen wrote:
    >> Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to
    >> customer service about this? The women I spoke with
    >> today were totally unyielding.
    >
    > Many people have had these charges reversed. I'm
    > surprised that your rep didn't take care of it --
    > especially since you didn't go over the monthly quota of
    > either plan. I would call again (and again, and maybe
    > again) until you get someone that is reasonable.
    >
    > If going back to the store isn't a hassle for you, here's
    > my suggestion. Go to the state attorney general's
    > website for your state and download a consumer complaint
    > form. The AG asks that consumers attempt to resolve
    > problems with vendors first. When you go to the store,
    > bring the form with you and ask to speak to a manager.
    > Explain your POV, that not only were you not informed of
    > proration IN WRITING, but that you did not go over plan
    > minutes for the month. Ask for the manager's help in
    > filling out the form-- would (s)he mind explaining the
    > policy carefully so that you can fill in the form
    > properly? Perhaps she can provide a brochure that
    > explains the proration policy so that you can attach the
    > form? If she actually has one, ask why it wasn't given
    > to you when you changed plans? Could she please explain
    > how you as a consumer were supposed to just "know" that
    > 400 minutes was going to be divvied up for the month? Be
    > calm and have the attitude that you are just looking for
    > help in filing a complaint against VZW -- not her
    > personally. Hopefully, the manager will realize it's far
    > easier/more efficient to reverse the $25 charge than to
    > go along with helping you file a complaint with the AG
    > office!
    >
    > And if that doesn't work, call the local news before
    > sending in your complaint to the AG. The local news is
    > always looking for "consumer-at-risk" stories. Good luck.

    Ummm, at least here in CA the AG doesn't take individual
    cases... Send them a complaint though and they will file
    it. If the file gets big enough they will look into it.

    Local news? What if VZW taped the call?

    -Quick
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    ileen wrote:
    >> Has anyone gotten any results from complaining to
    >> customer service about this? The women I spoke with
    >> today were totally unyielding.
    >
    > Many people have had these charges reversed. I'm
    > surprised that your rep didn't take care of it --
    > especially since you didn't go over the monthly quota of
    > either plan. I would call again (and again, and maybe
    > again) until you get someone that is reasonable.

    I'm surprised too. Are you sure this was the first time?
    They make a note when you get a credit for this.

    -Quick
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    xman@thedripper.com wrote:
    > This is a long story, to which I never even finished. I'm sorry to tell you
    > that if you spend all your time trying to explain this to a customer service
    > person you're just wasting your time. You'll have to tell this story at
    > least 5 times to get any satisfaction...if that even happens.

    I'm happy report that you are wrong. I called Customer Service again
    today and got a rep who couldn't have been nicer, and who gave me a
    credit, and I didn't really have to explain much because she called up
    my billing records and saw exactly what happened.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Good!

    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:dBBJd.27855$1l2.20198@trndny05...
    > xman@thedripper.com wrote:
    >> This is a long story, to which I never even finished. I'm sorry to tell
    >> you
    >> that if you spend all your time trying to explain this to a customer
    >> service
    >> person you're just wasting your time. You'll have to tell this story at
    >> least 5 times to get any satisfaction...if that even happens.
    >
    > I'm happy report that you are wrong. I called Customer Service again
    > today and got a rep who couldn't have been nicer, and who gave me a
    > credit, and I didn't really have to explain much because she called up my
    > billing records and saw exactly what happened.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "MW" <mitch@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:dBBJd.27855$1l2.20198@trndny05...
    > xman@thedripper.com wrote:
    > > This is a long story, to which I never even finished. I'm sorry to tell
    you
    > > that if you spend all your time trying to explain this to a customer
    service
    > > person you're just wasting your time. You'll have to tell this story at
    > > least 5 times to get any satisfaction...if that even happens.
    >
    > I'm happy report that you are wrong. I called Customer Service again
    > today and got a rep who couldn't have been nicer, and who gave me a
    > credit, and I didn't really have to explain much because she called up
    > my billing records and saw exactly what happened.

    Seriously, if you did get a refund or some money back I am happy to hear
    that. Nothing makes me more happier then big corporate hog Verizon giving a
    customer their money back. And yes, I work for a big corporate company also
    that sells a service, but like always we don't have contracts and we provide
    hardware bundled into the price. Free upgrades and service of course. Too
    bad Verizon isn't this way.
Ask a new question

Read More

Verizon Internet Service Providers