Hi, I've been looking for a way to ensure that a specific task runs
after my desktop resumes from hibernation. Initially, I'd hoped for
something akin to the "Run at user logon" or "Run at startup" options
available in the schedule tab of a scheduled task, but there is no
setting for "Run at resume from standby/hibernation"

My goal is to automatically restore a VPN connection after the
computer's network capabilities are restored on resuming from
hibernation. This is important because I have to occasionally wake the
system from offsite using its Wake-On-LAN NIC.

I've tried setting up a scheduled task to run at start-up and user
logon which uses RASDIAL to dial the appropriate VPN connection, but
this connection depends on the logged-in user's credentials, so it
won't work at start-up. When set to have it run at user logon, it
doesn't run when the computer comes out of hibernation.

I've also tried writing a batch file (which executes and dials the
connection successfully if I run it myself) and adding that as a logon
script. This, too, unfortunately does not run when the computer
resumes from hibernation.

I'd considered writing a custom service to check if the VPN connection
is established and if not, to automatically dial it, but I really hope
to find a more eloquent solution.

Any insight about how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

Hmm... no replies. Is this the proper NG for an inquiry of this type?
I didn't want to crosspost, but please let me know if there's a more
appropriate group for my question. Thanks!

-Michael