NTLDR Missing and other assorted problems!

I hope somebody can help me with this, bit of a long story.

I reinstalled WinXP recently and things were going fine, until my
computer just started working reeeeaaallly sloowwwly. I figured I could
do a disk fragment and that would be fine. The disk fragment itself was
going rreeeaallly sloowwwly and froze. I turned off the computer.

In my frustration I decided to reinstall WinXP yet again, but according
to my comp I couldn't do that unless I formatted the harddrive.
Whatever. I tried to do that, and it said my HDD was so corrupted that
it couldn't format it. You can guess how ecstatic I was to read that.

THEN I restarted my computer and got the "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS ANY
KEY TO RESTART" message and then I cried, and cried, and cried.

Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

--
aidendark

Well, the first thing you should do is download a hard drive diagnostic
utility from the drive manufacturers website. Make
sure your drive is well enough to continue. Then just start over. Do a
clean install of WinXP. If you need help with that
check here.
www.theeldergeek.com

"aidendark" <aidendark.1ttge4@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I hope somebody can help me with this, bit of a long story.
>
> I reinstalled WinXP recently and things were going fine, until my
> computer just started working reeeeaaallly sloowwwly. I figured I could
> do a disk fragment and that would be fine. The disk fragment itself was
> going rreeeaallly sloowwwly and froze. I turned off the computer.
>
> In my frustration I decided to reinstall WinXP yet again, but according
> to my comp I couldn't do that unless I formatted the harddrive.
> Whatever. I tried to do that, and it said my HDD was so corrupted that
> it couldn't format it. You can guess how ecstatic I was to read that.
>
> THEN I restarted my computer and got the "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS ANY
> KEY TO RESTART" message and then I cried, and cried, and cried.
>
> Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> aidendark

Take your Windows XP CD and boot to it. Look for the option to Repair your
installation. Run this utility and ask it to repair your master boot record.
This means you will want to select fixmbr. After you do that, try to reboot
and see if it works.