Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to connect Xbox 360 to flat-screen monitor

Last response: in Video Games
February 26, 2012 7:54:00 PM

Hello,
I'm trying to connect my son's Xbox 360 to his Dell flatscreen monitor. Folks at BestBuy said all I needed to do (besides the audio) is run an HDMI cable from the Xbox to the monitor. I did this, but can't get any visual display from the Xbox. (Normal wallpaper background only.) What am I missing? (Audio link works fine.) Ty

Best solution

February 27, 2012 3:46:56 PM

Under your monitor input settings make sure HDMI is selected.
February 27, 2012 4:10:31 PM

how are you getting the audio out of the xbox? afaik, xbox doesn't output to all out ports at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean by normal wallpaper background only. What wallpaper? if you're seeing your desktop on your monitor then you're looking at the input from your PC (it's extending the desktop to another monitor, which is why you're seeing just the wallpaper) if not, then please elaborate
m
l
Related resources
February 27, 2012 11:43:01 PM

AntiZig said:
how are you getting the audio out of the xbox? afaik, xbox doesn't output to all out ports at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean by normal wallpaper background only. What wallpaper? if you're seeing your desktop on your monitor then you're looking at the input from your PC (it's extending the desktop to another monitor, which is why you're seeing just the wallpaper) if not, then please elaborate

Sounds like Tibbs is on to something. I think the OP sees his windows desktop. So he has his CPU and 360 both going to the Dell monitor. You have to select to use the HDMI input on the monitor just like you have to change the input on your TV from Source 1/Source 2/ gaming etc. Hope this helps.
m
l
March 12, 2012 11:51:15 PM

Best answer selected by Averil.
m
l
!