Event ID: 7000
Date: 8/16/2005
Time: 9:12:25 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CMG1V31
The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the following
error:
Access is denied.

I figured it out. I had installed the service from a network location. It
defaults to run under the localsystem account which does not have access to
that location.

I moved uphclean to a local folder and all worked.