Can I increase my CPU?

I don't have much idea about what CPU is to be honest, but I'm wondering if I
can increase it. I've installed a programme that says my computer's too slow
to run it and it needs to be at least 1.6 GHz. Idiot's guide anyone?
--
Susan W
3 answers Last reply

    You can BUY a faster cpu. Check your system or motherboard manual and there
    should be a specification listing the fastest cpu the motherboard can
    support. Also, check the motherboard manufacturer's web site for spec's if
    you can't find them.

    Susan W wrote:
    > I don't have much idea about what CPU is to be honest, but I'm
    > wondering if I can increase it. I've installed a programme that says
    > my computer's too slow to run it and it needs to be at least 1.6 GHz.
    > Idiot's guide anyone?

    Think of it like your car.. The CPU is the engine. Can you make your
    engine bigger? Yes - if you buy a new one and put it in - and that engine
    fits in your car and up to all your old parts.

    You have obviously gotten to a point where you need advice those here are
    not going to be able to give you as easily as someone who can look at your
    computer first-hand. ie: go to a professional.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    You cannot increase the speed of your CPU.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Susan W" <SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I don't have much idea about what CPU is to be honest, but I'm wondering
    if I
    > can increase it. I've installed a programme that says my computer's too
    slow
    > to run it and it needs to be at least 1.6 GHz. Idiot's guide anyone?
    > --
    > Susan W

Computers CPUs Microsoft Windows XP