NIC Drivers with Bart's PE (complex)

shadoweyez

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2005
Using Bart's PreBoot Enviornment for windows, I made a Preboot CD (win xp/sp2, added mozilla, custom plugins...) that works, except for the network drivers. Reading Tom's directions in his article about recovery/repair tools showed a part about adding network drivers. I have a broadcom 4400 NIC that I have the drivers for from dell, that doesn't work.

I tried copying the driver files (bcm4sbxp.sys, bcm4sbxp.inf, bcm4sbxp.cat) to both the Win PE\drivers\Net folder, and to a directory I made called NIC in the Win PE\plugin directory but upon booting the cd, the system did not find the files and could not load the drivers.

Tom's normally excellent directions were not clear on this point. Do I have to name the directory I make in plugins a certain name? Do I have to create a custom plugin and then enable it? The file extentions of my three network driver files (sys, ini, cat) were the same as toms example except where I had a cat (security catalog file) tom had a dll file. Is the card just not supported?

Has anyone else successfully made a Bart PE CD with their own network dirvers, as the ones in my laptop are not built in to windows.

TIA
ShadowEyez

Security without freedom is slavery.
Freedom without security is chaos.