XP operating system

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I start my pc it opens asking me which operating system I want and the 2
that show up are both windows xp home . The second one does not work. How do
I get rid of that one.
--
Greg

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Click on the BOOT.INI tab and then click on "Check All Boot Paths"
to delete incorrect boot paths.

If the above does not work for you, then:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:

Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Edit

CAREFULLY edit your boot.ini file to remove the SECOND entry.
Your boot.ini file should then look similar to this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP