XP operating system

When I start my pc it opens asking me which operating system I want and the 2
that show up are both windows xp home . The second one does not work. How do
I get rid of that one.
--
Greg
1 answer Last reply

    Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
    Click on the BOOT.INI tab and then click on "Check All Boot Paths"
    to delete incorrect boot paths.

    If the above does not work for you, then:

    Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:

    Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Edit

    CAREFULLY edit your boot.ini file to remove the SECOND entry.
    Your boot.ini file should then look similar to this:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Greg" wrote:

    | When I start my pc it opens asking me which operating system I want and the 2
    | that show up are both windows xp home . The second one does not work. How do
    | I get rid of that one.
    | --
    | Greg

Microsoft Windows XP