walkingepidemic

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I was wondering if I should either upgrade my video card, my RAM, or both, to fix the lagging in Crysis. I currently have everything on their lowest settings.

My PC is a Dell Dimension 4500 (Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 512MB DDR1 RAM, Nvidia Geforce 6600GT AGP)

Also, I would also like to know whether I could run Crysis on Medium or High settings with an upgrade.

Solution
If you had a 2gb DDR1 ram plus a 8500GT atleast you'll be able to run it at low setting with lesser lag yet playable. But you're PC is quite old and you won't enjoy that much.

alverdeja

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Definitely both, lol. Get at least 4gb of DDR3(its relatively cheap). Depending on how much you would like to spend, med-high is definitely a possibility. What you need to check first is you motherboard. Judging by the low amount of memory, I can assume your set up is rather old. You are goin to want to make sure your board has a PCIe 16x slot and supports DDR3 RAM.

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
If you have a P4 your board will not support ddr3.

You are looking at a whole new system to be honest. AGP graphics cards have been outdated for years, ddr 1 is massively outdated and so is your processor/motherboard.

Sorry!

walkingepidemic

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Ok thanks for your response. I am trying to get some money together for a cheap Athlon II X2 system, but that might take a while, that is why I just wanted to see of I could upgrade my current system.