Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Star Wars TOR, Should I?

Last response: in Video Games
February 28, 2012 8:54:21 AM

I'm not a huge fan of either MMOs or Starwars, however, I did enjoy KTOR on XBOX years ago. Starwars The Old Republic is on sale today and I was wondering if anyone who isn't a fanboy of either can chime in on whether or not I should purchase it. It's currently going for $39.99 on amazon.

More about : star wars tor

February 28, 2012 5:18:50 PM

no, if your not a huge fan of either than you will not like it. im not either and i really tried to like it but i couldnt, its always just the same thing hit 1, 2, 3 , repeat. and i didnt think the story was all that great either. and this is from me playing around 50 hours and getting to level 23 so i did give it a good chance
Score
February 28, 2012 5:30:20 PM

I quite like it, but i do enjoy SW and mmos...its a little like wow in the way it plays...but crafting, settings character etc are different...if that makes sense.
Score
Related resources
February 28, 2012 5:53:15 PM

I've been stuck on Skyrim and have been replaying games for the last few months and I need something new.
Score
February 28, 2012 6:13:22 PM

witcher 2 is $14.99 now. if you havent played that yet than you should. if you like skyrim you would probly like it more than tor
Score
February 28, 2012 10:53:15 PM

I would stay away from SWTOR if you are not a big MMO or Star Wars fan. It is basically a single player story campaign with the option to go into MMO combat that does not really affect the outcome of the game. That's fine for me, I actually prefer if SWTOR was simply released as a single player game (a.k.a. Star Wars KOTOR 3), but you have pay $15 per month subscription whether you play the MMO portion of the game or not.

If you were to play SWTOR for a year it would cost you $215 for the 1st year; $50 for the game + 1 free month + $15 per month x 11 months. Of course if the game is on sale that would bring down the cost a little bit.
Score
February 28, 2012 11:01:32 PM

tjosborne said:
witcher 2 is $14.99 now. if you havent played that yet than you should. if you like skyrim you would probly like it more than tor

Already got that :) 
Score
February 28, 2012 11:02:31 PM

jaguarskx said:
I would stay away from SWTOR if you are not a big MMO or Star Wars fan. It is basically a single player story campaign with the option to go into MMO combat that does not really affect the outcome of the game. That's fine for me, I actually prefer if SWTOR was simply released as a single player game (a.k.a. Star Wars KOTOR 3), but you have pay $15 per month subscription whether you play the MMO portion of the game or not.

If you were to play SWTOR for a year it would cost you $215 for the 1st year; $50 for the game + 1 free month + $15 per month x 11 months. Of course if the game is on sale that would bring down the cost a little bit.

So it doesn't come with a free month?
Score
February 28, 2012 11:10:19 PM

It does come with one free month.

Quote:
Score
February 29, 2012 5:11:18 AM

jaguarskx said:
It does come with one free month.

Quote:

Cool cool, thanks G money millionaire.
Score
February 29, 2012 5:28:16 AM

alverdeja said:
I'm not a huge fan of either MMOs or Starwars, however, I did enjoy KTOR on XBOX years ago. Starwars The Old Republic is on sale today and I was wondering if anyone who isn't a fanboy of either can chime in on whether or not I should purchase it. It's currently going for $39.99 on amazon.

i think its unusuful.
Score
February 29, 2012 5:51:40 AM

ok definite answer here...no, its exactly like wow, but set in space. actually wow is better because it is one persistant more beliveable world, better views, better graphics. tor might have some better story, but who knows what that is, i couldnt follow it, too lame. i didnt care about the story in either game. bottom line, if you dont like mmos you will not like tor. if you dont like monthly p2p games you will hate tor.if you dont like mmo combat look elsewhere, its the same here, but its lightsabers instead of swords.
Score
February 29, 2012 7:27:12 AM

tjosborne said:
ok definite answer here...no, its exactly like wow, but set in space. actually wow is better because it is one persistant more beliveable world, better views, better graphics. tor might have some better story, but who knows what that is, i couldnt follow it, too lame. i didnt care about the story in either game. bottom line, if you dont like mmos you will not like tor. if you dont like monthly p2p games you will hate tor.if you dont like mmo combat look elsewhere, its the same here, but its lightsabers instead of swords.

Wait, wait, wait. Your saying WoW has better graphics? Now I don't know if I should take your comment seriously. Oh, and it's not on sale any more so I wont be getting it any time soon.
Score
February 29, 2012 3:14:13 PM

wow for what it is doesnt look too bad. put everything on max, dx11 and AA, then yes i belive it does look better. but thats not saying much, neither game looks that great
Score
March 1, 2012 5:44:39 PM

Best answer selected by alverdeja.
Score
!