Tape Backup - Replacing Tape Media

Joe

Upon ejecting and inserting the tape media there are some configurations that
need to be applied to ensure the scheduled backup occurs on shcedule. Is
that right? If I eject a tape and then insert the tape I need to select the
destination and the backup media or file name.

I was hoping that i could eject and insert a couple of different tapes so
that i could remove it from the office. Pressing the eject button, an
inserting it easy. However if i need to insert the tape, then open backup
utility, and click the destination, and media then thats where i start
thinking, man removing the tape is kind of a pain. It may be more secure,
but is sure is a pain.

--
Joe

null

Joe wrote:

> Upon ejecting and inserting the tape media there are some configurations that
> need to be applied to ensure the scheduled backup occurs on shcedule. Is
> that right? If I eject a tape and then insert the tape I need to select the
> destination and the backup media or file name.
>
> I was hoping that i could eject and insert a couple of different tapes so
> that i could remove it from the office. Pressing the eject button, an
> inserting it easy. However if i need to insert the tape, then open backup
> utility, and click the destination, and media then thats where i start
> thinking, man removing the tape is kind of a pain. It may be more secure,
> but is sure is a pain.

I don't know what you're using for backup software, but yes, it can
certainly be a pain. Some backup software/hardware doesn't need so much
user intervention.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.