Sign in with
Your question

Cannot Uninstall Program Without Breaking Windows

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 9, 2010 1:06:52 AM

Acronis True Image is giving me a lot of problems and they want money in order to get any support so hopefully the friendly people here at toms hardware can help me out.

I downloaded the trial for Acronis True Image Home 2011 to perform a drive to drive cloning. Turns out that is only in the paid version so the program is completely useless to me. My problem occurs when I uninstall Acronis True Image. After i uninstall the program I can no longer access the Windows built in Backup and Restore program. It is not a mater of waiting for the program to load; no matter how I try to open the program nothing happens.

I created another thread to see if I could get help but I ended up just re-imaging my drive from a disc image that I made earlier in the week.

Today I tried to uninstall it again but the same thing happened. Anyone have any ideas as to how to uninstall this retched program without breaking a key feature of windows?

Thanks.

ps. I have used both windows and CCleaner to remove the program and the problem still occurs.

More about : uninstall program breaking windows

October 17, 2010 7:25:34 PM

I tried to uninstall it using revo uninstaller but I get the same outcome. Do you or anyone else have any more suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2010 7:34:32 PM

Once you've uninstalled Acronis, insert the W7 disc, go to start-->run-->type sfc /scannow and press enter.
m
l
October 17, 2010 8:03:48 PM

Nothing happens when I try that. It is probably the fact that I dont have the right disc. I only have a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade disc from HP.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2010 9:15:11 PM

start-->run-->right click on command prompt, and run as administrator-->then run the sfc /scannow.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2010 9:29:43 PM

You may be able to create a system repair disc To create a system repair disc
Open Backup and Restore.

In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note
If you're prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc can't be found on your computer. Insert a Windows 7 installation disc.

To use the system repair disc
Insert the system repair disc into your CD or DVD drive.

Restart your computer

If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc.

If your computer isn't configured to start from a CD or DVD, You might need to change your computer's BIOS settings.

Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

Select a recovery option, and then click Next.

m
l
!