Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Red texture in games (like crysis 2 and splitsecond)

Last response: in Video Games
February 28, 2012 11:07:37 AM

Hello,

I have a question. I ran splitsecond velocity and crysis 2 on my system -

P4 3.1 GHz with HT
1 GB DDR2 RAM @533MHz
160 GB seagate
nVidia 8400GS 512MB DDR2

When the game loaded, I cud clearly see red dot like textures on places such as the shiny area on cars, bridge metal, hangar, trucks,etc. It was minute bubble like texture, which looked awful.[:aford10:2]
Next, when I went with crysis 2, it was even worse, the red texture was on every object, the faces of the soldiers, submarine's body. some areas of the floor, etc.

I cud play both the games on 720p. :D  But the problem was that the red bubble like texture made it very awful, especially in crysis 2. [:beanoslim:1]

For the record, crysis mentioned that it doesn't recognise my video card. Whatever that implies.[:crutchizm]

I know that it's a really old system, but still I wud like to know the exact cause of the above said red dot,bubble like texture on my screen. :??: 

More about : red texture games crysis splitsecond

February 28, 2012 11:15:50 AM

Those are what you call "artifacts", check your GPU temp when you play crysis.

=P
Score
February 28, 2012 11:19:24 AM

Try updating the graphics card drivers.

Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for either game....
Score
Related resources
February 29, 2012 4:55:34 PM

joedastudd said:
Try updating the graphics card drivers.

Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for either game....

I know that. But it ran smoothly on low settings and 720p. Split second ran great and i didn't mind the detail being lowered, the gameplay made up for it anyway.
Score
February 29, 2012 5:02:18 PM

silverliquicity said:
Those are what you call "artifacts", check your GPU temp when you play crysis.

=P

arifacts? I thought those were strange random lines and overlapping of some textures.

Mine are like red dots filling specific portions of the objects, mostly the shiny parts, such as the bald head,chin,boot tip, etc of the soldiers. In split second, I observe them on my car's rims, rear parts, glass, bridge, etc. I don't think they can be called artifacts exactly.
Score

Best solution

March 1, 2012 7:00:14 AM

They are parts of the game what your hardware can't render for whatever reason (could be hardware or software related)
Your seeing them on any object which has a shine or reflection.
Drop all the settings to the lowest they will go. If the issue goes away its one of the settings which is causing the issue. One by one turn them back on and see which one(s) is/are causing the issue.

If even on the lowest possible settings your getting the issue, its either the driver or the hardware (faulty or just plain doesn't have the features the games need).
March 2, 2012 6:26:15 PM

Best answer selected by gam0reily.
Score
!