Status
Not open for further replies.

I had loaded and was successfully running (despite the warning about
compatibility issues during installation) Norton AV Corporate Edition 7.5
onto my computer running on XP Home Edition. All was well until I updated to
service pack 2; now my AV is not functioning. As well, I can neither
reinstall the program using the CD nor remove it using either the CD or the
add/remove program via control panel.

I would like to remove the 7.5 and install Norton AV 2005 (I have a copy,
but it won't let me install until I get rid of 7.5). Any suggestions would
be appreciated (but please speak slowly as my skills are somewhat below
'expert').

You loaded an old version of Symantec software "despite the warning about
compatibility issues during installation"...and now you're having problems
with it...and instead of asking Symantec technical support, you're asking
about it in a newsgroup for Windows XP ...

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> You loaded an old version of Symantec software "despite the warning about
> compatibility issues during installation"...and now you're having problems
> with it...and instead of asking Symantec technical support, you're asking
> about it in a newsgroup for Windows XP ...

And when he does get it removed maybe he should install AVG Free and
stop worrying :)

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs