Very long startup time's when a application is started by ..

Hello group,

I am running XP Professional SPII (Version 2002) and everything worked
fine, untill a week ago. Since last week my computer has the following
behaviour:
When i start a certain application(i tested with notepad, since this is
a very light program) from the start menu it takes around 30 seconds to
start the application.

When i start a application by navigating to the specific folder
(explorer) and double click on it or start the application by
taskmanager > new task, the application is almost instantly started.

The system load is quite normal, also there is more than plenty memory
space(the system doesnt even swap yet). Ofcource i ran virus, spyware
and registry tools afterwards but i cannot find the problem.

Please help me find the problem / give me some pointers so i can find
the problem.
Reinstalling the stuff doesnt sound like a option to me, since i have
had this problem before on a other machine and i cant keep doign this

Try disabling System Restore then reboot the computer. I have found that
once system restore gets too big it slows down your computer.

John Tiesi wrote:
> Try disabling System Restore then reboot the computer. I have found that
> once system restore gets too big it slows down your computer.
This didnt do the trick, does anyone else have some options?