What is the best cooler for a Duron?

G

What is the best cooler for a Duron?

The noise level is very important.

G

Sorry to be the bringer of not so great news, but all the info I've found shows that the coolers that do the best job on Duron/T-bird chips are noisey. The "Orbs" appear to offer the best cost/performance ratio. Lots of Luck.

G

If you really care of the noise level, what you need it's the most efficient heatsink with the best conductivity and lagest possible air contact area. This will enable you to use a low noise and low cfm fan.

The first case of all is just the hedgedog and this will enable you to use the quietest fan (the sanyo deki one)
At www.plycon.com they offer to mount the hedgedog with the fan you preffer!!!

If you dude by any way of the hedgedog performance I invite you to read my reply for other used that asked what has the best cooler. The tittle was something like "Orb beast or hedgedog??"

Anyway this election maybe a 'little cheap' so the decission is in your hands!!

Magus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go for a Hedgehog or FOP32 and a tube of Arctic Silver.
Add a copper shim if you're worried about crushing your cpu too :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Magus on 11/11/00 03:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Stringy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are concerned about noise, just get an Alpha and mod it so that a larger diameter fan fits...
details can be found on <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com" target="_new">[H]ard|OCP</A>, there are a few pic's...
this can also be done to just about any HS....

the idea is the Larger HS will be able to move the same amount of air as the smaller fan but do it at
a lower Rotational speed and thus be much quieter... Dimentions of your case and what will fit are
crucial....

Craig

P3-700@933|G400DH|Asus P2B Rev.1.10 /w MSI slocket|128Mb PC100|SB PCI64|20Gb IBM 75GXP

G

How about an ATTech CM25 Solid Copper heatsink? I saw it at coolerguys.com. I'm looking for a good solution, too, and this one sounded good...

TRENDING THREADS