Quick Restore CD

On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.

Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
running would really be appreciated.

deerrr
9 answers Last reply
More about quick restore

    If you have compaq files you didnt wipe the harddrive.

    In article <vp9gi09k53s11hsjdb57m2ap66l4vvp78l@4ax.com>,
    darell@worldnet.att.net writes:

    >On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
    >hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
    >idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
    >system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
    >there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
    >destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
    >apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
    >starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
    >it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
    >I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
    >be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.
    >
    >Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
    >running would really be appreciated.
    >
    >deerrr

    Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not familiar
    with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked by
    re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any files
    that you don't want to lose before proceeding.

    Darrin

    "DARTORREY" <dartorrey@aol.com> wrote in message
    > In article <vp9gi09k53s11hsjdb57m2ap66l4vvp78l@4ax.com>,
    > darell@worldnet.att.net writes:
    >
    > >On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
    > >hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
    > >idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
    > >system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
    > >there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
    > >destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
    > >apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
    > >starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
    > >it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
    > >I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
    > >be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.
    > >
    > >Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
    > >running would really be appreciated.
    > >
    > >deerrr
    > >

    > Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not
    familiar
    > with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked
    by
    > re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any
    files
    > that you don't want to lose before proceeding.

    Go to Compaq/HP website and order Quick Restore CD's for your machine...
    Due to a class action lawsuit, you get the disk and shipping free... until
    Dec 31
    I got mine in 2 days..

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>
    ..

    To restore the 7594, just put QuickRestore disk 1 (there are 2 discs) in the
    CD drive and reboot. Disk 1 is bootable.

    HH

    "«bonehead;)" <noone@spam.not> wrote in message

    > "DARTORREY" <dartorrey@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <vp9gi09k53s11hsjdb57m2ap66l4vvp78l@4ax.com>,
    > > darell@worldnet.att.net writes:
    > >
    > > >On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
    > > >hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
    > > >idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
    > > >system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
    > > >there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
    > > >destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
    > > >apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
    > > >starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
    > > >it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
    > > >I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
    > > >be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.
    > > >
    > > >Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
    > > >running would really be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > >deerrr
    > > >

    > > Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not
    > familiar
    > > with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked
    > by
    > > re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any
    > files
    > > that you don't want to lose before proceeding.
    > >
    > Go to Compaq/HP website and order Quick Restore CD's for your machine...
    > Due to a class action lawsuit, you get the disk and shipping free... until
    > Dec 31
    > I got mine in 2 days..
    >

    > --
    > <B0N3H3@D>
    > "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert
    Einstein
    > .

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:06:03 GMT, «bonehead;) wrote in

    > "DARTORREY" <dartorrey@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <vp9gi09k53s11hsjdb57m2ap66l4vvp78l@4ax.com>,
    >> darell@worldnet.att.net writes:
    >>
    >>>On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
    >>>hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
    >>>idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
    >>>system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
    >>>there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
    >>>destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
    >>>apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
    >>>starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
    >>>it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
    >>>I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
    >>>be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.
    >>>
    >>>Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
    >>>running would really be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>deerrr
    >>>

    >> Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not
    > familiar
    >> with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked
    > by
    >> re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any
    > files
    >> that you don't want to lose before proceeding.
    >>
    > Go to Compaq/HP website and order Quick Restore CD's for your machine...
    > Due to a class action lawsuit, you get the disk and shipping free... until
    > Dec 31
    > I got mine in 2 days..

    Can you give a link for the free QR cd's? Following the link in the
    Compaq FAQ indicates the cost is $10.00. Here is the link from the FAQ.

    For Quickrestore CDs:
    http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

    Thanks,
    Nevans
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:23:19 -0500, Nevans wrote in

    > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:06:03 GMT, «bonehead;) wrote in
    >
    >> "DARTORREY" <dartorrey@aol.com> wrote in message

    >>> Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not
    >> familiar
    >>> with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked
    >> by
    >>> re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any
    >> files
    >>> that you don't want to lose before proceeding.
    >>>
    >> Go to Compaq/HP website and order Quick Restore CD's for your machine...
    >> Due to a class action lawsuit, you get the disk and shipping free... until
    >> Dec 31
    >> I got mine in 2 days..
    >
    > Can you give a link for the free QR cd's? Following the link in the
    > Compaq FAQ indicates the cost is $10.00. Here is the link from the FAQ.
    >
    > For Quickrestore CDs:
    > http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

    http://www.compaqqrsettlement.com/

    Just in case anyone else wasn't aware, I wanted to share the class
    action settlement link above, where you can file a claim form to get the
    free Compaq Presario Quick Restore CD's. It's probably been mentioned
    in this newsgroup before but I just found out about this group earlier
    today - and am I glad I did!

    Thanks again,
    Nevans
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    You may be able to get a original restore cd from
    http://www.ambry.com. They usually carry all of them. All you need
    is the correct part number from hp.

    "«bonehead;\)" <noone@spam.not> wrote in message news:<LkdXc.7492$FV3.5123@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
    > "DARTORREY" <dartorrey@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <vp9gi09k53s11hsjdb57m2ap66l4vvp78l@4ax.com>,
    > > darell@worldnet.att.net writes:
    > >
    > > >On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
    > > >hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
    > > >idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
    > > >system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
    > > >there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
    > > >destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
    > > >apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
    > > >starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
    > > >it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
    > > >I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
    > > >be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.
    > > >
    > > >Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
    > > >running would really be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > >deerrr
    > > >

    > > Did you try putting the QR disk in the drive and re-booting? I'm not
    > familiar
    > > with your model but when I was running a 5000 series the QR disks worked
    > by
    > > re-booting the machine and following the on screen prompts. Back up any
    > files
    > > that you don't want to lose before proceeding.
    > >
    > Go to Compaq/HP website and order Quick Restore CD's for your machine...
    > Due to a class action lawsuit, you get the disk and shipping free... until
    > Dec 31
    > I got mine in 2 days..
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Can you post the part # from HP Site I cannot seem to find it. They are
    listed as unavailable.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    For what Presario model???
    HH

    "buggs" <dbuggs@buggs.org> wrote in message
    > Can you post the part # from HP Site I cannot seem to find it. They are
    > listed as unavailable.

Compaq CD-Rom Computers