Get 8x antialiasing on Far Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkingepidemic

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I can't seem to get Far Cry on my pc above 4x antialiasing. I am not sure whether this is a driver problem or just my video card.

I have a Dell Dimension 4500 (512mb ram, Pentium 4 3.06GHz, Nvidia GeForce 6600GT AGP 512mb, Windows XP SP3)

Solution
Does the game ever offer more? And have you tried through CCC/ati tray tools/nvcp?

And not to be overly pragmatic, but 4x MSAA and 8x MSAA are visually indistinguishable in the eyes of like, 99% of pc gamers and pc game reviewers. You just tax your system by another 20 fps for essentially no reason. I realize far cry is an old game, but still.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Does the game ever offer more? And have you tried through CCC/ati tray tools/nvcp?

And not to be overly pragmatic, but 4x MSAA and 8x MSAA are visually indistinguishable in the eyes of like, 99% of pc gamers and pc game reviewers. You just tax your system by another 20 fps for essentially no reason. I realize far cry is an old game, but still.

Solution

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

That is by virtue of the game's age. Anti-aliasing smooths edges to an extent, but it won't inject HD quality into things. Sadly I feel your pain as I'm a big SFIII fan and I wish there was something I could do to make it look crisper in full screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.