Best pc racing game for drag racing

postmortemfear

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
just bored trying to find something to play that will keep me interested. need a good racing game with a good drag race

i have eyefinity 3 and a thrustmaster rgt racing wheel setup but it doesnt really need to support them but its a plus

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
why drag racing? wouldn't that just bore you more :) ? With eyefinity and an awesome wheel, you need to play dirt 3!!! if you dont have it get it. has lots of race types so u wont be bored for a while ;)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Shift 2 has some facsimile of drag racing, although not anything like top-drag formula stuff.

I would third Dirt 3 (and add Dirt 2) as very fun games, but if you're a drag racing enthusiast I don't know of any games with actual drag racing modes aside from Shift 2, which Stringjam originally recommended to me.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Ah yes....Shift2 is also grand fun. I put 55 hours in the first week I bought it!

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
If you do own an Xbox 360; I'd recommend you Forza Motorsports 4.
If you do own a PS3; I'd recommend you Gran Turismo 5 (Which BTW is not that good as it was supposed to be).
For PC I'd recommend Dirt3, I don't recall drag being present in Shift 2.

there aint much in the way of drag racers... the fun of that kind of game is the modding and tuning rather than the racing which is just the end result of the modding. but drag racer 3 and shift 2 are the only 2 that will probably do it best on pc...
best you try a modding scene, something like rfactor, where you can ask for mods to be made. a quater mile or mile strip with rfactors modding database may be the way to go.

http://www.racinghits.com/flash-online-games/drag-racing also give this place a look...
"IHRA Drag Racing" is probably the most up to date and visually pleasing http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/games/games_ihrasport.html

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It has some drag modes for a couple of car classes.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Not corrected by much. The game is hardly drag-centric. I didn't even know drag-specific titles existed but it seems a few have been listed in this thread.