Each time the computer is re-booted, it always return to the original boot
screen, and behaves as if Windows-XP was just installed. As a result, certain
personal settings, including internet settings are reversed, and have to be
re-established aftert each boot.

This behavior also occurs by just switching between acconts, but with only
one account out of four (4) being affected in this way.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

gTodd.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0705B2D2-38CB-448B-B28A-0FE3C9ECE1D0@microsoft.com,
gTodd <gTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Each time the computer is re-booted, it always return to the original
> boot screen, and behaves as if Windows-XP was just installed. As a
> result, certain personal settings, including internet settings are
> reversed, and have to be re-established aftert each boot.
>
> This behavior also occurs by just switching between acconts, but with
> only one account out of four (4) being affected in this way.
>
> Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> gTodd.

Those symptoms imply a corrupt profile. It's easy enough to fix if that's
the problem.

Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.html

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes