Games For Windows Marketplace Will NOT Work

Greetings community,

Allow me to start at the beginning of the ordeal...
Earlier today, I installed the new Microsoft Flight (I've long been a fan of FSX), which requires Games for Windows - LIVE. When I tried to start the game, I got this error:
Quote:
Games for Windows - LIVE failed to initialize. Another Games for Windows - LIVE title may be running, or your product installation may be corrupted. You may need to repair or reinstall Microsoft Flight. (80070003)

I have tried reinstalling GFWL several times along with registry cleanings and .NET reinstalls. I have attempted to repair the installation of Flight several times, only to see different errors (due to lack of files in the GFW directories). I strongly believe this problem is with GFWL, as when I try to start the program, it shows the splash screen and disappeared after several seconds, with no further actions. I also must note that, as I have an SSD, I store my program files on a separate disk drive. Other than flight, I have no games that require Games for Windows. I have read and tried solutions from other posts on various websites to no avail.

Basically, all I want is for Flight to work, through any means necessary (though I can't say I'd go so far as to reinstall Windows, but I can't imagine that would be necessary).

I would very much appreciate help getting this problem resolved.

Thanks very much,
Connor "CONELRAD6568" Montgomery
8 answers Last reply
More about games windows marketplace work
  1. I'm also experiencing this, thought I do have Steam installed, through which other GFWL titles are installed.

So it would appear that a pre-existing GFWL install is not the issue here, since you didn't have it and I did.

Yet another instance of a completely pointless program ruining it for everyone. :)
  2. Yes, I also use Steam as well.

And I believe I did have a pre-existing installation of GFWL for some other game, not sure what though.
  3. By chance, do you recall when you were installing Flight using the GFWL downloader, did it skip doing the GFWL install? Mine did, as it seemed to detect the presence of the pre-existing GFWL installation. It skipped basically everything in the download list other than the Flight game itself.
  4. Yes, it said that all the other programs were already installed on my system.
  5. I have been having the same issue as well. Installed the game first from the flight website, then uninstalled it and re-downloaded it from the marketplace through games for windows live, and did work either. Uinstalled games for windows live and re-installed it. Re-installed the flight game again, and still got the same error. Could not figure out how to get rid of the error.
  6. I have just the same trouble. But in my case Flight worked for the first time I launched it. Then I tried to log into GFWL and I couldn't. I closed the game to manage my GFWL account and after that couldn't start Flight ( Nothing helps so far.
  7. More info: I installed Flight through Steam and got the same error, every time I try to open GFW Marketplace, it shows the splash screen for a few seconds and I get no further response, and Task Manager shows that the process is not running. Has anyone solved this problem? I really want to experience the game, but I cannot get it or any other GFW applications to run on my computer, ever.

My computer's hardware and OS is as follows, if it helps...

==Core Components and Boards==
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    ASUS P8P67 EVO
    Corsair 16360MB (16GB) RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio
    ==Hard Drives==
    Corsair Force 3 SSD SCSI Device 120GB - Mapped to C:\ -- Windows drive
    Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3GB/S SATA 1TB - Mapped to B:\ -- Backup drive
    Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM 6GB/S SATA 2TB - Mapped to A:\ -- Program drive
    ==Operating System==
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Thanks,
    R. Connor Montgomery
  8. Did you find a solution, I am running into the same problem?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows Live Games Microsoft Video Games