Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Dialog boxes come up slowly
When I want to delete a file for instance, I open windows explorer,
highlight the file by left clicking on it, then right click to bring up the
menu box that has the commands open, print, open with, sent to, etc. It is
this list box that takes a long time to come up. It may take 5 seconds
sometimes. But occasionally it will pop right up. It only does this with
some types of files however. It seems to only do this when the file is of a
type that is listed in the registered file types that are associated with
programs. Files of the .exe type, for instance, are never affected.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes