Something strange happening?

I know this sounds crazy, but for the last two or three days...my computer
will be online and then about three hours later...I am offline. What could
cause that? then a box kept coming up asking what connection I wanted to use
and if I pressed one, it would dial up and thank God, in a way..an error
message came up. I supposed I should never have entereded anything in that
box? scary anyone know anything about this? Sincerely, geniemagic

"geniemagic" <geniemagic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> I know this sounds crazy, but for the last two or three days...my computer
> will be online and then about three hours later...I am offline. What
> could
> cause that? then a box kept coming up asking what connection I wanted to
> use
> and if I pressed one, it would dial up and thank God, in a way..an error
> message came up. I supposed I should never have entereded anything in that
> box? scary anyone know anything about this? Sincerely, geniemagic

You have no antivirus or firewall installed. your computer is now infected
with dialers, malware, spyware, etc.

You need to immediately buy a reputable Antivirus program and a good
firewall.

Do not use your computer until you have done so. Your computer, now
infected, is looking for other computers to infect, and is probably sending
infected emails to everyone you have online contact with.

Owning and using a computer is a privilege, one that comes with certain
responsibilities on your part. You must practice safe computing.

Bobby

-- Hi I do have McAfee antivirus installed and I have spysweeper...so dont
understand...however, What I did do...and it worked....is to do a system
restore, which I had gforgotten about, and everything is working great again.
thank you anyway geneie magic. and thank you for responding. I alot of
times need help and this is a great place to find it. thank you again

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "geniemagic" <geniemagic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > --
> > I know this sounds crazy, but for the last two or three days...my computer
> > will be online and then about three hours later...I am offline. What
> > could
> > cause that? then a box kept coming up asking what connection I wanted to
> > use
> > and if I pressed one, it would dial up and thank God, in a way..an error
> > message came up. I supposed I should never have entereded anything in that
> > box? scary anyone know anything about this? Sincerely, geniemagic
>
> You have no antivirus or firewall installed. your computer is now infected
> with dialers, malware, spyware, etc.
>
> You need to immediately buy a reputable Antivirus program and a good
> firewall.
>
> Do not use your computer until you have done so. Your computer, now
> infected, is looking for other computers to infect, and is probably sending
> infected emails to everyone you have online contact with.
>
> Owning and using a computer is a privilege, one that comes with certain
> responsibilities on your part. You must practice safe computing.
>
> Bobby

Hi

What error message are you seeing? You may like to post on the Network Web
News Group:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User