windows & update problems

Am having problems with WINDOWS. When I turn on computer it takes quite a
while for MSN page to load and then allot of the times it times out, I
refresh and it still wont download. I then power off and try again.
Am also having problems downloading my updates, I got error 0x800c008 today
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update problems

    Hi scorpy,

    Have a look at the information on this page:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/0x800c0005.htm
    (the above also includes the 0x800c0008 error)

    The fact that your browser is slow to load may be indicative of
    trojan/spyware infections. Sections G and H in the above URL cover that
    topic.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "scorpy" <scorpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Am having problems with WINDOWS. When I turn on computer it takes quite a
    > while for MSN page to load and then allot of the times it times out, I
    > refresh and it still wont download. I then power off and try again.
    > Am also having problems downloading my updates, I got error 0x800c008
    today

Microsoft Windows XP