What Mouse Is Better for RTS Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
hello, im brandon
i'm a massive fan of RTS games like wawrcraft 3, starcraft 2 (getting soon) age of empires and others
i was wondering what (out of my choices) was the best mouse for TRS (real time stragety) games
i don't mind any other recommendations :) other mice might be better so please don't be shy to share
the ones i have in mind are
Razer Spectre
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.199816600
Razer Naga Molten
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.219936100
Razer Krait
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417300
i have no limit as how much i can spend, so money isn't a problem
any replys are always welcome
thanks, brandon :)

Solution
sorry i cant agree. razor make very average mice at a high price... its all about looks with them and very little in the way of ideas...
there are plenty of good mice out there that dont cost hundreds of pounds... having 1 of these so called mmo mice is just pointless...
if you really do need something that has dedicated buttons then a game panel like Logitech G13 or Razer Nostromo are a much better and cost effective alternative to a gaming keyboard. which is actually the best idea for rts players . rather than putting everything on the mouse on teeny buttons that your never gonna find easily, buy a keyboard that supports macro buttons or has partitioning different colour back lighting...

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
razer naga for any game imo, best mouse out there. though id reccomend that you get the naga epic. So much right now im close to going from naga to naga epic because the wireless option is awesome for watchin movies on your bed

sorry i cant agree. razor make very average mice at a high price... its all about looks with them and very little in the way of ideas...
there are plenty of good mice out there that dont cost hundreds of pounds... having 1 of these so called mmo mice is just pointless...
if you really do need something that has dedicated buttons then a game panel like Logitech G13 or Razer Nostromo are a much better and cost effective alternative to a gaming keyboard. which is actually the best idea for rts players . rather than putting everything on the mouse on teeny buttons that your never gonna find easily, buy a keyboard that supports macro buttons or has partitioning different colour back lighting...

Solution

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
with the gamepanel's, are they like a small replacement for the keyboard or does it replace the mouse??? i've never used one and i already like the sounds of it :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I agree with Hexit. These mice that incorporate tons of buttons in simple grid layouts are not only uninspired, they aren't even well-thought out. The only "MMO" styled mouse I might recommend is the Naga Hex since its design seems to be geared toward helping players distinguish buttons and develop a little more muscle-memory in relation to them, but I haven't seen any review of its sensor or design faults so I can't recommend it.

Really I'm not aware of competitive RTS players really using those MMO mice anyway. As far as the game panels are concerned, I don't own one but I have played around with a Logitech G13 and it seemed relatively useful for what it is. The nostromo I believe has fallen out of favor with past users since razer took it over and essentially ruined everything that used to make it great. I'm not razer-bashing, as I have a perfectly functional Mamba on my desk that I just don't happen to use anymore, but from what I understand they really tore up the nostromo in a lot of bad ways software-related.

They can replace either to some extent. They have keys, but also a thumb analog stick that allows for uses like scrolling around the map or movement and such. Really, if I wasn't so attached to using my mechanical keyboard, and if I played more RTS games specifically, I would not hesitate to give one of these a whirl. They are a clever design. For RTS gaming they replace the keyboard though. You still need your mouse for unit highlighting and the like I would think. It would just be infinitely faster and more precise by mouse.

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
ok thanks, i'm ordering it today so, i have a logitech k200 keyboard which i like, i need a mouse because im getting a new comp and my old mouse stuffed itself, im going to by a mouse anyways so what should i do, get a gamepad to play rts games and keep the keyboard, don't get a gamepad and stick with the normal keyboard and get a mouse or just get a mouse?

good decision.. as you can see even razer think a multi button mouse would be a waste. there rts mouse only has 5 buttons... the game panels are an ok alternative but they are really just accessories to help gamers and will have limited appeal for most. but if you have a spare 50 notes burning a hole in yer pocket and like the idea its never gonna be a waste of cash... but as i say they are just addons rather than essentials... better to get a quality mouse and quality keyboard as they will be more useful in the longer term... good luck and have fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.