Running CHKDSK or CHKNTFS on boot

How can I make chkdsk run every time the computer is started?

Go here:

Read the instructions at the top of the page.
Scroll down to:
82. Disable or Enable Check Disk Upon Boot
Click on Enable.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5034F171-1C8E-426A-BFC0-90B8023CAFCB@microsoft.com,
CrandallK <CrandallK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> How can I make chkdsk run every time the computer is started?

sorry if this is a stupid question but can you tell us why you want to
this ....is there anything to be gained???

--
radspanner

I do not want it. The other fella does.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:radspanner.1u6vpx@pcbanter.net,
radspanner <radspanner.1u6vpx@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:

"radspanner" wrote:

> sorry if this is a stupid question but can you tell us why you want to
> this ....is there anything to be gained???
>

> --
> radspanner

I work for a State agency and we have a central help desk with 3 memebrs.
We support over 3500 computers across the state and have been receiving many
invalid boot disk error messages recently. When we run chkdsk on the drives,
they are cleared and then boot. Just trying to prevent some calls and road
trips.