Peltier + heatsink ?

G

I wanna try this, but the clip on most heatsinks I've found won't fit over a peltier cooler. Any ideas? and no, I <font color=red>won't</font color=red> use rubber bands... :smile:

<font color=green>Buy, build, abuse, and replace... </font color=green> :smile:

G

Hey man,

Try 'Cable ties' as this works for me, as I broke the socket clips doing exactly what you're proposing.

BUT...you must have the holes in your M/B for this like the A7V/KT7

Good Luck

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
your best bet is with a heatsink thats got holes for screws, and just get nice long screws. But I hope you've got plans for isolating that pelletier, because it causes condesation, and if that hits your CPU's connectors, or any other vital part and changes back into liquid water you're screwed. You'll need some neoprene, some silicone sealant, a cold plate (between CPU + pelletier). Otherwise, to use a clip-bound HSF, you can always epoxy away !

svol

Champion
Wow slow down... which CPU are you trying to cool and which HSF do you have?
If you got a P4 or Athlon then I won't recommend aircooling in combination with peltiers... they just can remove all the heat on the hot side.
It depends on which mobo/CPU you have... Slot1/or slotket can use cable ties. With the Socket462 you can make use of the holes around the socket... I dunno how to do it with the P4s.

And don't forget the insulation.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

svol

Champion
Holy sh¡t... that one will give of some enormous heat inside your case... but atleast the peltier is strong enough. You sure need some kick ass casecooling and a screaming fan for that one.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.