excel file open very slowly from network share

Dear all

i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
..The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which is
shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
please help me to solve the problem
--
Thanks and Regard
Mayur.S

Mayur Sharma Wrote:
> Dear all
>
> i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
> ..The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which
> is
> shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
> please help me to solve the problem
> --
> Thanks and Regard
> Mayur.S

My teacher always told me to NEVER open anything over the network!! But
then again, I still do it from time to time. In your case, try
downloading the file onto your C: drive and then open it locally from
your computer.

--
Evolution54