excel file open very slowly from network share

Dear all

i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
..The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which is
shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
please help me to solve the problem
--
Thanks and Regard
Mayur.S

    Mayur Sharma Wrote:
    > Dear all
    >
    > i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
    > ..The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which
    > is
    > shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
    > please help me to solve the problem
    > --
    > Thanks and Regard
    > Mayur.S

    My teacher always told me to NEVER open anything over the network!! But
    then again, I still do it from time to time. In your case, try
    downloading the file onto your C: drive and then open it locally from
    your computer.

    --
    Evolution54

Windows 2000 Excel Windows XP