6100 screen going to black when open for a while

Last response: in Network Providers
January 24, 2005 7:29:13 PM

I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and then
go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?

Tx.

More about : 6100 screen black open

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 8:28:53 PM

If it is a newer phone with a color screen, yes, if it is a monochrome (b&w)
it is not.
"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
> open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
then
> go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
>

> Tx.

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:57:47 AM

Thanks!

"Robbie McFerren" <rmcferren@hotpop.notvalid> wrote in message
> If it is a newer phone with a color screen, yes, if it is a monochrome
> (b&w)
> it is not.
> "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
>> open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
> then
>> go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
>>

>> Tx.

Related resources
January 25, 2005 5:25:07 AM

That is normal, for battery life. There is a time setting to control when it
goes dark. I believe it is under Setings, display. Don't have the phone with
me to look at, but I think I remember that as the setting.

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
> open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
then
> go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
>

> Tx.

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:29:18 AM

Thanks! Doesn't bother me, just wanted to make sure it was "normal".

!