6100 screen going to black when open for a while

I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and then
go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?

Tx.
4 answers Last reply
More about 6100 screen black open while

    If it is a newer phone with a color screen, yes, if it is a monochrome (b&w)
    it is not.
    "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
    > open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
    then
    > go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
    >

    > Tx.

    Thanks!

    "Robbie McFerren" <rmcferren@hotpop.notvalid> wrote in message
    > If it is a newer phone with a color screen, yes, if it is a monochrome
    > (b&w)
    > it is not.
    > "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
    >> open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
    > then
    >> go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
    >>

    >> Tx.

    That is normal, for battery life. There is a time setting to control when it
    goes dark. I believe it is under Setings, display. Don't have the phone with
    me to look at, but I think I remember that as the setting.

    "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
    > open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
    then
    > go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
    >

    > Tx.

    Thanks! Doesn't bother me, just wanted to make sure it was "normal".

    "DonR" <drennardnospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > That is normal, for battery life. There is a time setting to control when
    > it
    > goes dark. I believe it is under Setings, display. Don't have the phone
    > with
    > me to look at, but I think I remember that as the setting.
    >
    > "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> I've not timed it, but I'm guessing after around 2 minutes with the flip
    >> open (duh) my inside screen will dim (after the "timed" 30 seconds) and
    > then
    >> go black after a minute or so. I'm guessing this is "normal"?
    >>

    >> Tx.

Verizon Internet Service Providers