  • Devices
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2005 8:21:42 PM

I sometimes use a USB 1.0 hub for convenience in a USB 2.0 port. On start up, even though I am using the port with a USB
2.0 device I get the Microsoft alert that I'ld be better off using a USB 2.0 device. How do I get rid of this irritating
message?
-
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply.

More about : usb alert

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 8:21:43 PM

How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
warning message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Arthur Bond" wrote:

| I sometimes use a USB 1.0 hub for convenience in a USB 2.0 port. On start up, even though I am using the port with a USB
| 2.0 device I get the Microsoft alert that I'ld be better off using a USB 2.0 device. How do I get rid of this irritating
| message?
| -
| Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 6:57:42 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:58:25 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"

>How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
>warning message

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

Any way to see genuine USB errors while stopping the not-2.0 nag?

Forget http://cquirke.blogspot.com and check out a
better one at http://topicdrift.blogspot.com instead!