When I right click to "Save Image as" on a graphic file, the "Save As" window
pops up and it lets me go through all the motions of selecting a location and
name for the file, but then it does not actually save it when I click the
"Save" button.

The file does NOT get saved. And the progress and completion window does
not come up to confirm the save.

This has happened once before about a year ago, and I somehow fixed it by
accident. Now it has happened again, and for the life of me I can't figure
out how to fix it. Neither MS nor Compaq are of any help without the credit
card I don't have.

Anybody else experienced this that can help me out? Thanks in advance!

dustdevil31 Wrote:
> When I right click to "Save Image as" on a graphic file, the "Save As"
> window
> pops up and it lets me go through all the motions of selecting a
> location and
> name for the file, but then it does not actually save it when I click
> the
> "Save" button.
>
> The file does NOT get saved. And the progress and completion window
> does
> not come up to confirm the save.
>
> This has happened once before about a year ago, and I somehow fixed it
> by
> accident. Now it has happened again, and for the life of me I can't
> figure
> out how to fix it. Neither MS nor Compaq are of any help without the
> credit
> card I don't have.
>
> Anybody else experienced this that can help me out? Thanks in advance!

Just a quick curious question...Did you navigate to the correct
directory to where you saved it to?? For example, if it said it will
save to My Documents, did you navigate to My Documents to check for
it?? Let us know.

--
Evolution54

"Evolution54" wrote:

> Did you navigate to the correct
> directory to where you saved it to?? For example, if it said it will
> save to My Documents, did you navigate to My Documents to check for
> it?? Let us know.

Yes sir. I am absolutly positive that I am navigating to the correct file
location. I have double, triple, and quadruple checked to make sure. The
system simply is not saving the files, even though it is going through the
motions to do so.

I immediately knew when this problem started because the normal confirmation
window that comes up after saving a file stopped coming up.

I have a feeling that I screwed something up either by disk cleaning or
spyware removal, so I am wondering if simply reinstalling the service pack
would help?