Which Athlon/Duron motherobards overclock??

Junkcollector

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I need some help buying a Athlon/Duron motherboard. I want to overclock a Duron CPU but I don't know all the boards that will allow me to change the mulipliers. I know the Asus A7V and Abit KT7 will, but are their any others. Also, need a quick tip on a pencil type to connect the L1 bridges.

G

There are several new boards which are beginning to allow multiplier changes most with dip switches, MSI has just released a new board that I have heard overclocks like a demon. Abit claims that there board is more stable at 1 gig and beyond, It will just entail a lot of review reading on your part. You pencil the L1 bridges on the chip, I used a pentel automatic pencil with 0.5 mm HB lead. I had to do it twice the first time I didn't cover them enough. Just be careful not to cross connect the bridges to each other and if you make a mistake use the eraser and rubbing alcohol to clean it up and try again. My 700 duron is running 1050 on my kt7. Good luck. Be sure to use a quality heat sink and fan, alpha, global win, or taisol, because when you increase the voltage to overclock you really increase the heat in the chip

acron1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an Asus A7V and a Tbird 800 @ 1000.
The Asus board is very stable and I can go higher with no problem. I use a hedgehog(copper) cpu cooler and the temp is
45C under load. I used a Zebra M301 0.5 automatic pencil to
unlock the cpu and then covered the pins with scotch tape.
Good luck

G

ok...
Epox 8KTA+ and 8KTA2
Abit KT7 and KT7-RAID
Asus A7PRO and A7V
MSI K7T-Pro 2
The SOYO board
The New Soltek board
QDI KeneticZ
i think that is it

G