eq2 changes with last patch

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=pround&message.id=2

Well, Najena is still down so I thought I'd write to say that this might
revitalise my interest in EQ2. I like the idea of solo instances; i missed a
few areas because i levelled past them before i got the quest for them or
because i couldn't get anyone interested in breaking away from grinding to
try them out, and i like the thought of finding 'rare' loot although i can't
really imagine what that's like.

We'll have to wait to see if this is as good as it sounds. Perhaps Lucy
won't take away the football this time!

Ralph
20 pal, 19 schol
Naj.
12 answers Last reply
More about patch

    Cheddar wrote:
    > I'm so fed up of trying to form parties only for one person to
    annouce that
    > they need to do Giants, whilst another insists that they need to kill

    > something else etc.
    >
    > At least this way the only people looking for groups will be people
    who want
    > to group, not those to have to group.

    In the areas I've been in (on my server anyway), people tend to
    announce what they are forming a group for. The /ooc and /shouts are
    typically something like 'Looking for more for Giants group!' or 'Need
    one more healer for EL Boat Ride!', etc. It makes it easy to pick
    which groups you want to join, or if you are starting one, to make sure
    you get people with a common goal. It is a lot easier to keep
    everybody on track that way.

    Last night I decided to start a group to get Nixam (for DFC access).
    One /ooc later, I had four other people in my group, and a guild member
    was running from a tradeskill instance in Qeynos to help ((well, two
    others and two more waiting until the guildie got there and we got him
    up to that point - about a four min wait). It took next to no time at
    all, and the group had a single purpose.

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:55:25 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote:

    >http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=pround&message.id=2
    >
    >Well, Najena is still down so I thought I'd write to say that this might
    >revitalise my interest in EQ2. I like the idea of solo instances; i missed a
    >few areas because i levelled past them before i got the quest for them or
    >because i couldn't get anyone interested in breaking away from grinding to
    >try them out, and i like the thought of finding 'rare' loot although i can't
    >really imagine what that's like.
    >
    >We'll have to wait to see if this is as good as it sounds. Perhaps Lucy
    >won't take away the football this time!
    >
    >Ralph
    >20 pal, 19 schol
    >Naj.

    Yeah, sounds good - great for those anti-social types.

    Like me. :D

    And what's with all the carrots ?

    "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:55:25 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=pround&message.id=2
    >>
    >>Well, Najena is still down so I thought I'd write to say that this might
    >>revitalise my interest in EQ2. I like the idea of solo instances; i missed
    >>few areas because i levelled past them before i got the quest for them or
    >>because i couldn't get anyone interested in breaking away from grinding to
    >>try them out, and i like the thought of finding 'rare' loot although i
    >>can't
    >>really imagine what that's like.
    >>
    >>We'll have to wait to see if this is as good as it sounds. Perhaps Lucy
    >>won't take away the football this time!
    >>
    >>Ralph
    >>20 pal, 19 schol
    >>Naj.
    >>
    > Yeah, sounds good - great for those anti-social types.
    >
    > Like me. :D

    And me :)

    "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in news:1106770299.302951.156620
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Cheddar wrote:
    >> I'm so fed up of trying to form parties only for one person to annouce
    >> that they need to do Giants, whilst another insists that they need to
    >> kill
    >
    >> something else etc.
    >>
    >> At least this way the only people looking for groups will be people
    >> who want to group, not those to have to group.
    >
    > In the areas I've been in (on my server anyway), people tend to
    > announce what they are forming a group for. The /ooc and /shouts are
    > typically something like 'Looking for more for Giants group!' or 'Need
    > one more healer for EL Boat Ride!', etc. It makes it easy to pick
    > which groups you want to join, or if you are starting one, to make sure
    > you get people with a common goal. It is a lot easier to keep
    > everybody on track that way.
    >
    > Last night I decided to start a group to get Nixam (for DFC access).
    > One /ooc later, I had four other people in my group, and a guild member
    > was running from a tradeskill instance in Qeynos to help ((well, two
    > others and two more waiting until the guildie got there and we got him
    > up to that point - about a four min wait). It took next to no time at
    > all, and the group had a single purpose.

    That's been my experience as well, although, admittedly, at times you
    cannot find people interested in doing what you want to do.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 11 Gnome Braeler, 14 Craftsman

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Shadow wrote:

    > http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=pround&message.id=2

    This is the A Cynics Summary of that letter, courtesy of my husband. Gave
    me a chuckle or two, especially point #3.

    The entire letter can be summed up in three points:

    -> Yeah! We're listening to you. Trust us, we really do!

    -> You maggots don't group enough. Fine, we give you more solo stuff just
    so it'll look like we care.

    -> We don't care about the glaring bugs, balance issues, and missing
    content that we promised -- but you see, we *care* about the game, we
    really do. Just ... buy the adventure packs, willya? It'll all be ok if
    you do. No no no, we're not pressuring you. You don't *have* to buy the
    adventure packs, no -- we're still going to focus on nerfi-- I mean adding
    bugs-- errr, I mean changing the law of gravit-- dagnabit!!! I mean we'll
    make it better! Really we will. Trust us.

    Oh yeah, and buy the adventure packs.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

    On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
    [33 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth Newleaf
    [14 High Elf Brawler] Foxeye

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:26:00 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote:

    >I'm so fed up of trying to form parties only for one person to annouce that
    >they need to do Giants, whilst another insists that they need to kill
    >something else etc.
    >
    >At least this way the only people looking for groups will be people who want
    >to group, not those to have to group.

    It CAN be frustrating when you have quests that require groups -
    increasingly, I find myself leaving them until I can solo the mobs I
    needs, usually 5 or 6 levels later when they're grey to me. The xp
    reward, and the item, is usually worth is, as item reqwards tend to be
    desingned to 'grow in to'.

    For the bigger quests, you can normally get a group - Zek access,
    Enchanted Lands boat ride, etc, but for reqular quests it's often
    impossible, unless you're killing the same things for a second quest
    (as in Stormhold, where there are quests to kill things that you need
    for one of the armour quests).

    My guild has a website, and one of the forums is for Quests, and
    that's a great way to get a group together, although you often have to
    plan 3-5 days in advance (as it's a fairly casual Guild). I'm looking
    forward to these solo instances as I'll have somewhere to go for
    decent xp and loot on the days everyone is doing their own thing.

    And as for the guy who is bitching about the adventure packs - why the
    moaning ? I probably spend more on a hardback book than I'll spend
    one of those, and for a lot less entertainment.

    On 26 Jan 2005 12:11:39 -0800, "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote:

    >In the areas I've been in (on my server anyway), people tend to
    >announce what they are forming a group for. The /ooc and /shouts are
    >typically something like 'Looking for more for Giants group!' or 'Need
    >one more healer for EL Boat Ride!', etc. It makes it easy to pick
    >which groups you want to join, or if you are starting one, to make sure
    >you get people with a common goal. It is a lot easier to keep
    >everybody on track that way.

    Yep, a lot of the ooc requests are specific, and you can also have
    good result /telling someone with a request. I was in Nek Forest
    yesterday, and needed Owlbears for the EL boat quest. I put out a few
    /ooc requests, but had no luck. However, after /telling a few people
    of my level, and I soon had 2 companions. Once I have them, it was
    easy to get the last few slots filled. In my experience, when you're
    getting a group together, it's the first person that's the hardest to
    get. Once you do, the rest tend to folllow quickly (especially if the
    first person you get is a healer :).

    >Last night I decided to start a group to get Nixam (for DFC access).
    >One /ooc later, I had four other people in my group, and a guild member
    >was running from a tradeskill instance in Qeynos to help ((well, two
    >others and two more waiting until the guildie got there and we got him
    >up to that point - about a four min wait). It took next to no time at
    >all, and the group had a single purpose.

    Unfortuntely, it's hit and miss. On the same day as the above
    example, I tried to get a AQ6 group together, in TS, with no luck.
    I'll be trying again soon, but am not hopeful, as most people hunting
    in TS are there for giants, and often little else.

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mark Morrison wrote:

    > And as for the guy who is bitching about the adventure packs - why the
    > moaning ?

    My husband's neither bitching nor moaning, so I can't answer that.
    (*whisper* It was a parody, Mark. Y'know, heeheehahahoho...if you don't
    find it funny, then don't laugh. :P)

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:33:49 GMT, Foxeye Vaeltaja <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mark Morrison wrote:
    >
    >> And as for the guy who is bitching about the adventure packs - why the
    >> moaning ?
    >
    >My husband's neither bitching nor moaning, so I can't answer that.
    >(*whisper* It was a parody, Mark. Y'know, heeheehahahoho...if you don't
    >find it funny, then don't laugh. :P)

    Oops - went completely over my head. :)

    Rumbledor wrote:
    > Another thing the /who lfg gets you is a list including people who
    are in
    > another instance of the zone you're in and as such weren't able to
    hear
    > your /ooc.

    Does the LFG tag work that way? One of the ways I figure out what
    instance somebody is in while they are in a zone that has too long of a
    name to tell on the map is with /who <name>. Using that, unless they
    are in the same instance as you, it will come back with the nobody
    around here by that name error. We also use to send people into other
    instances of FG to see if anybody was LFG since we couldn't tell from
    one instance.

    Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in

    > "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in news:1106770299.302951.156620
    > @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >> Cheddar wrote:
    >>> I'm so fed up of trying to form parties only for one person to
    >>> annouce that they need to do Giants, whilst another insists that
    >>> they need to kill
    >>
    >>> something else etc.
    >>>
    >>> At least this way the only people looking for groups will be people
    >>> who want to group, not those to have to group.
    >>
    >> In the areas I've been in (on my server anyway), people tend to
    >> announce what they are forming a group for. The /ooc and /shouts are
    >> typically something like 'Looking for more for Giants group!' or
    >> 'Need one more healer for EL Boat Ride!', etc. It makes it easy to
    >> pick which groups you want to join, or if you are starting one, to
    >> make sure you get people with a common goal. It is a lot easier to
    >> keep everybody on track that way.
    >>
    >> Last night I decided to start a group to get Nixam (for DFC access).
    >> One /ooc later, I had four other people in my group, and a guild
    >> member was running from a tradeskill instance in Qeynos to help
    >> ((well, two others and two more waiting until the guildie got there
    >> and we got him up to that point - about a four min wait). It took
    >> next to no time at all, and the group had a single purpose.
    >>

    > That's been my experience as well, although, admittedly, at times you
    > cannot find people interested in doing what you want to do.

    Aye, same here. The couple of times I've opted for forming the group
    myself, I've had no trouble. I have noticed, however, that /ooc isn't
    nearly as effective as I'd like. Often I have to resort to a /who lfg xx
    xx all and some people who didn't respond to the /ooc are more than
    happy to join. I think many (I'm guilty of it too) just sort of tune out
    /ooc sometimes.

    One group I put together specifically to do the Coolwind Point
    lighthouse cellar, only to find that the quest was bugged. Another in
    the group stepped up with a tip on a really nice quest (for one in their
    low teens) originating in Willow Wood that took us around Antonica a bit
    and rewarded us with a very nice weapon, xp and coin.

    Overall, I've had pretty good experiences grouping, as you said, when
    people know what the goal is up front.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in news:1106855698.068753.30970
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Rumbledor wrote:
    >> Another thing the /who lfg gets you is a list including people who
    > are in
    >> another instance of the zone you're in and as such weren't able to
    > hear
    >> your /ooc.
    >
    > Does the LFG tag work that way? One of the ways I figure out what
    > instance somebody is in while they are in a zone that has too long of a
    > name to tell on the map is with /who <name>. Using that, unless they
    > are in the same instance as you, it will come back with the nobody
    > around here by that name error. We also use to send people into other
    > instances of FG to see if anybody was LFG since we couldn't tell from
    > one instance.

    Should have said /who lfg all. I sent him a tell and he had to switch
    instances to meet us.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin