16 bit windows subsystem

I get a message when I try to play some of my sons games.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The sytem file is not sutable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.

I don't have a clue as to what this means. But the games that I get this
message from worked in the past. Help please.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows subsystem

    Error message when you install or start a MS-DOS or
    16-bit Windows-based program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    How to Troubleshoot 16-Bit Windows Programs in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314495

    How to use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301911

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "robmichelle" wrote:

    | I get a message when I try to play some of my sons games.
    |
    | C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The sytem file is not sutable for running
    | MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.
    |
    | I don't have a clue as to what this means. But the games that I get this
    | message from worked in the past. Help please.

    This also happened to me. In my case the AUTOEXEC.NT got corrupted, but after
    I restored it these proggies went fine. There should be a backup copy there
    somewhere. Do a search and you'll find it. Be careful not to copy the corrupt
    one over the good one.
    love,
    AD

    "robmichelle" wrote:

    > I get a message when I try to play some of my sons games.
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The sytem file is not sutable for running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.
    >
    > I don't have a clue as to what this means. But the games that I get this
    > message from worked in the past. Help please.

Games Microsoft Windows XP