  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 24, 2005 3:24:08 PM

I get a message when I try to play some of my sons games.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The sytem file is not sutable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.

I don't have a clue as to what this means. But the games that I get this
message from worked in the past. Help please.

More about : bit windows subsystem

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:03:59 PM

Error message when you install or start a MS-DOS or
16-bit Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

How to Troubleshoot 16-Bit Windows Programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314495

How to use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301911

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"robmichelle" wrote:

| I get a message when I try to play some of my sons games.
|
| C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The sytem file is not sutable for running
| MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.
|
| I don't have a clue as to what this means. But the games that I get this
| message from worked in the past. Help please.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 7:37:03 AM

This also happened to me. In my case the AUTOEXEC.NT got corrupted, but after
I restored it these proggies went fine. There should be a backup copy there
somewhere. Do a search and you'll find it. Be careful not to copy the corrupt
one over the good one.
love,
AD