Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to set up 5760x1080 resolution

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 2, 2012 9:22:29 PM

im wondering how to do so if its not an option in the games menu. i got crysis 2, bf3, and witcher 2 going easily just in the main menu. but in skyrim, risen, and new vegas it only goes to 1920x1080. i know these will run in eyefinity or surround, just dont know what im doing i guess

Best solution

May 16, 2012 2:40:05 AM

tjosborne said:
im wondering how to do so if its not an option in the games menu. i got crysis 2, bf3, and witcher 2 going easily just in the main menu. but in skyrim, risen, and new vegas it only goes to 1920x1080. i know these will run in eyefinity or surround, just dont know what im doing i guess


Not sure if anybody has answered this post for you but here you go.

I'm assuming you have an nvidia card? I hope so because I'm not sure how it works with other cards. Make sure you have sli configured into surround in the nvidia control panel.
Then what you want to do is click options>skyrim options>default (in the section labeled "detail"), after this the system will detect your settings. The aspect ratio will say standard (4:3 or 5:4) and the resolution will be blank, leave it blank. Adjust all of the other settings (AA, AF, Advanced settings etc) as you would like them.

When you play in game a lot of the menus will be butchered. For this you should go to wsgf.net (wide screen gaming). Look up skyrim and there is a page dedicated to this game. There is an app called "flawless widescreen" that fixes the Skyrim menu; all you have to do is keep it running while playing and choose skyrim in the app.
Share
May 16, 2012 3:22:23 AM

Best answer selected by tjosborne.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 16, 2012 6:21:58 AM

tjosborne said:
Best answer selected by tjosborne.

n
nDid you ever find a fix previous to my post?
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 6:51:37 AM

well i just got skyrim working about two weeks ago with the menus working properly. my main problem was windows 7 not letting me modify ini. files and i couldnt figure 7zip out. im using winrar now, so that let me install the plugins from wsgf. and i changed my settings so i can see all folders now. im slowly figuring it out. just wish all games supported eyefinity and surround natively.
m
0
l
May 17, 2012 10:18:16 PM

tjosborne said:
well i just got skyrim working about two weeks ago with the menus working properly. my main problem was windows 7 not letting me modify ini. files and i couldnt figure 7zip out. im using winrar now, so that let me install the plugins from wsgf. and i changed my settings so i can see all folders now. im slowly figuring it out. just wish all games supported eyefinity and surround natively.


Copy that man. I wish Witcher 2 worked well in SLI.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 3:05:07 AM

why isnt witcher 2 working in sli for you? it worked great for me. i was getting 45-50fps with ubersampling on with my cards when i was playing it at 1920x1080. is it the enhanced edition your playing?
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 4:25:31 AM

tjosborne said:
why isnt witcher 2 working in sli for you? it worked great for me. i was getting 45-50fps with ubersampling on with my cards when i was playing it at 1920x1080. is it the enhanced edition your playing?


Let me rephrase that, I wish surround gaming was working well. It definitely utilizes SLI, I don't employ ubersampling because I really do not see the difference in quality and, turning uber off and using the 680s in SLI, gives me obnoxious averages and my monitor(s) are 120hz. The thing that stinks is that triple screen doesn't work. I still had fun beating the game again as the last time I played it was June 11'. It was nice to do a playthrough and make the exact opposite decisions as the last; twas like playing a different game.

Ya, no surround gaming for me but the SLI indicator indicates the usage of both cards.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 5:30:21 AM

jfizzle4321 -- thank you; I have tried Skyrim for the first time today, and was dissapointed with its look across three screens. Fortunately I found this thread with your advice -- which helped. Now learning the game's basics / story... thanks again --Muromets.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 5:48:43 AM

Muromets said:
jfizzle4321 -- thank you; I have tried Skyrim for the first time today, and was dissapointed with its look across three screens. Fortunately I found this thread with your advice -- which helped. Now learning the game's basics / story... thanks again --Muromets.


No worries, enjoy. It was the awesome folks at wsgf who work their butts off to bet games running, they even do reviews on youtube in 5760X1080.

If you're gaming with nVidia, you're going to want to change some settings via the control panel too. 1st and foremost, you are going to want to change the texture filtering-quality to high quality. Ambient Occlusion is an option also.
m
0
l
May 18, 2012 6:23:10 AM

jfizzle4321 said:
Let me rephrase that, I wish surround gaming was working well. It definitely utilizes SLI, I don't employ ubersampling because I really do not see the difference in quality and, turning uber off and using the 680s in SLI, gives me obnoxious averages and my monitor(s) are 120hz. The thing that stinks is that triple screen doesn't work. I still had fun beating the game again as the last time I played it was June 11'. It was nice to do a playthrough and make the exact opposite decisions as the last; twas like playing a different game.

Ya, no surround gaming for me but the SLI indicator indicates the usage of both cards.

i hope you figure it out. i want to go for another round now that the enhanced version is out. too many games to play atm though, someday maybe
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 1:46:25 AM

I hear you loud and clear on that one. I keep going back to Skyrim. I want to do DA:o  but I just cannot get into it.
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 2:35:00 AM

dragon age? which one?
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 3:01:34 AM

tjosborne said:
dragon age? which one?


Origins. I beat it once, made it through awakening and my hard drive wiped. I really want to beat it again and then beat awakenings and weather the storm through DA2 but I can't get into it.
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 6:27:01 AM

im playing that now. i beat it on ps3 when it first came out, its really tough on pc i think, even on easy. in surround are you having trees and grass pop in and out? its horrible on my pc, almost didnt even keep playing.
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 3:51:55 AM

No texture or any popping in surround actually. Kind of surprising. I am in the Dwarven labyrinths, without any question the most monotonous part of the game, though I hate going to the fade.
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 6:29:43 AM

im surprised as well. all over internet i hear the same complaint. maybe its my setup somehow. ya, i hated the deep roads, it seemed to drag on forever.
m
0
l
May 24, 2012 11:14:16 PM

tjosborne said:
im surprised as well. all over internet i hear the same complaint. maybe its my setup somehow. ya, i hated the deep roads, it seemed to drag on forever.



Ya initially it's cool because it has epic music but then it just flat out sucks afterwards.
m
0
l
!