CB

I cannot find any system restore points. System restore is on but only
todays showing. Can anyone tell me where they have gone or what I have done
wrong?

System Restore "restore points" are missing or deleted
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q301224/

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302796

System Restore for Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_restore.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"CB" wrote:

| I cannot find any system restore points. System restore is on but only
| todays showing. Can anyone tell me where they have gone or what I have done
| wrong?

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in the right pane to
sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below the two arrows in the
upper right corner. This will copy the event information to the clipboard. Paste the
information for each of the two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.

System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

CB wrote:
> I cannot find any system restore points. System restore
> is on but only todays showing. Can anyone tell me where
> they have gone or what I have done wrong?

TRENDING THREADS