Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Favorite Battlefield Game

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Games
  • Consoles
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming

What is your favorite Battlefield in the Series?

Total: 0 vote

  • 1942 and expansions
  • 0 %
  • Battlefield Vietnam
  • 0 %
  • BF2 and expensions
  • 0 %
  • 2142 and Northern Strike
  • 0 %
  • Battlefield Heroes
  • 0 %
  • Bad Company 2 and Vietnam expansion
  • 0 %
  • Battlefield Online
  • 0 %
  • Battlefield 3 and BF3 Back to Karkand
  • 0 %
March 3, 2012 12:58:43 AM

I am wondering what everyone's favorite Battlefield game is. I didn't include Codename Eagle and also excluded the console exclusives.

More about : favorite battlefield game

March 3, 2012 8:32:03 AM

As poll's not working, I will answer in here: my favorite is Battlefield 1942 and its expansions.
March 3, 2012 9:40:40 AM

I played bf2+ expansions, BF2BC without Vietnam, and Bf3+ karkand, played demo of 2142

Its close between bf2 and bf3, I preferred the unlock mechanism for bf2, as it allowed customisation of the solider until you hit very high levels, but it did allow for you to choose what you unlocked next.

I've been playing Bf3 with a clan as opposed to 'on my own' and that makes it a lot more fun.

Bf3+karkand for my answer, without karkand bf2 + expansions.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 3, 2012 10:05:45 AM

I enjoyed BF 1942, BF Vietnam (espec the cambodian border maps), BF 2142, BF2, BFBC2 + BFBC2 Vietnam. They were all excellent games.

But BF3 is the king of the series and the king of the genre. No question.
March 3, 2012 12:10:10 PM

so you copied a section of my post

why exactly.
March 3, 2012 12:17:26 PM

I personally liked 2142 A LOT! It was a nice twist to the series, the titan mode was pretty cool as well. But my favourite has to be BF3, its just so immersive. Every time I play the sound and the graphics blow me away...
March 3, 2012 2:47:00 PM

I'm with you, BF3 may have to be deemed the greatest all time. Though 2142 was actually the 1st one I played.
March 3, 2012 6:10:25 PM

I'm going to go with battlefield 2 as my favorite as I have only got 1942 and battlefield 2 and I haven't played any of the others
March 3, 2012 6:20:20 PM

BF Vietnam is the best in my opinion, it just has something that the others don't have.
March 3, 2012 6:27:29 PM

That's true I've played Vietnam and it does have a different feel to it then the others do it made me feel like I was there
March 3, 2012 6:30:54 PM

Vietnam has certain maps that for its day, they were just extremely immersive. You could wander around the jungle on the border of cambodia at night hunting for VC played by actual players. It just had a more realistic feel than 1942 in that way as far as infantry gameplay.

My biggest wish is a new Battlefield Vietnam with the frostbite 2.0 engine.
March 4, 2012 3:14:01 AM

casualcolors said:
Vietnam has certain maps that for its day, they were just extremely immersive. You could wander around the jungle on the border of cambodia at night hunting for VC played by actual players. It just had a more realistic feel than 1942 in that way as far as infantry gameplay.

My biggest wish is a new Battlefield Vietnam with the frostbite 2.0 engine.


That really would be awesome. i like how they brought back heavy metal in bfbc2 and then came out with Vietnam. I never actually got Vietnam because I'm not sure I'd run it maxed on my qx9650. What I'm really hoping for is that they treat BF3 like they treated BF2 in the sense that they release 4 expansions for it. I know I would buy every one, especially if they come out with game changing weapons like the m107, the built in suppressed mp5 or SCAR which is one thing I've enjoyed about Arma2. Another idea would be releasing an Apache or wishful thinking. A personal bias would be having a block 60 or 66 F-16 but that's out of the question I'm sure.
March 4, 2012 3:22:19 AM

BFBC2 Vietnam was a great game, and one hell of an expansion pack. It didn't have the same ambiance as BF Vietnam, but in its own right it is very fun to play. My only gripe with it was that the sniper rifles were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too forgiving. If you went by BFBC2 Vietnam sniping stats everyone could be an MLG pro 360 quickscoper lol.
March 4, 2012 5:55:49 AM

How did the BFBC2 Vietnam sniping compare to BFBC2?
I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the sniping much. I snagged a few kills with the M40 ironically. I did ok with the two shortie snipers (the quick semi and the fully). I really enjoyed the MG36, I played as assault and engineer for the longest time then I fell in love with the mg36 and the medic class.

I say ironically because I think sniping in bf3 is awesome. I've always hated snipers in fps games but I dig the m39 and m98 a lot in this game.
March 4, 2012 6:14:05 AM

Battlefield 2142.
March 4, 2012 12:30:25 PM

jfizzle4321 said:
How did the BFBC2 Vietnam sniping compare to BFBC2?
I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the sniping much. I snagged a few kills with the M40 ironically. I did ok with the two shortie snipers (the quick semi and the fully). I really enjoyed the MG36, I played as assault and engineer for the longest time then I fell in love with the mg36 and the medic class.

I say ironically because I think sniping in bf3 is awesome. I've always hated snipers in fps games but I dig the m39 and m98 a lot in this game.


Normally I'm not much of a recon player either. I pretty much stick to recon as a last resort if my team actually needs spotting or if they're just so bad that there is no chance to push forward as assault or what have you. Then you can at least cover whoever you have pushing if you 're semi decent at sniping. That said though, BFBC2 Vietnam's hitbox feels like it's about 80% headshot. Just grab the M40 and let it rain because it just feels like you can't miss. Hell miss? What am I saying. It feels like you can't miss their face. BFBC2's sniping was a bit better. Personally I like BFBC2's sniping more than BF3 in some regards, but I like both more than BFBC2 Vietnam's.
March 4, 2012 6:13:26 PM

Its a tie between bf3 and bc2. Love the all the vechicles in bf3 and the intense urban action. But it sometimes can be overwhelming. Which leads me to bc2 it felt alot less intense and more relaxing. Wasnt on my toes the whole entire game, worried about being picked off trying to flank someone. Seem to die alot more in bf3, but there also alot more people to kill me. Not to mention alot more poeple seperated from the group in bc2, people seem to stick together more in bf3. So when you do find an enemy your now taking on more people. Just wish assualt/support dropped more medic bags and ammo in bf3. Alot of them seem to be more focused on kills.
March 4, 2012 9:49:38 PM

BF2 For ever. It is unlike any other FPS in the world.
March 5, 2012 2:54:30 AM

cant say im a fan of any of em but i haven't played bf3 yet... it does look the business compared to bad company 2 but to be honest that game put me off wanting to get bf3.
if i was gonna play a moder era shooter it has to be good old cod 4... 1000 hours and counting...
its simple and fun. and not full of cry babys whining about which weps should be nerfed... first it was snipers then the medics then the red dots and so on... now it takes a full mag to shoot a guy 5 yards in front of you and theres still a change he will kill you first...
that is what spoiled bc2 for me... all the weapons have been nerfed down instead of increasing the firepower of the weaker weapons. which would have been the better option...
they wont introduce weight limits so some players were running round with gpmg's and a stinger missle on the backs. in real life you couldn't carry both and this is what spoiled the game... its meant to be a team game but has turned into a 1 man army game...

dont get me started on the medics... seriously though they should introduce a penalty movement depending on your loadout. this would mean your shock troops carrying mp5s can run further and faster than say a medic with a heavy mg. it would certainly limit the mg spaming that goes on...

nah rock paper scissors works in theory but in reality you need rock paper scissors and a 50cal to break the stalemate. limit the squads to 1 medic per 1 sniper per and the rest can choose what they want to be... that way you cant have a clan stacking the squads as they currently try to with 4 medics...



March 5, 2012 11:46:30 AM

I'm sad because I'm going to have to say 2142 over BF3. Taking the games side by side I prefer bf3 in so many ways but it it's failing because of the lack of in game VOIP.
2142 maintained longevity because you could join on your own on a random server and communicate with your fellow players. You made friends with people across clans that you played with regularly without having to all joing the same TS server. I find myself getting bored with BF3 because unless I get in a squad with someone that happens to be on my TS server I get a feeling of isolation rather than being part of a team.
2p supplied
March 5, 2012 7:04:27 PM

HEXiT said:
cant say im a fan of any of em but i haven't played bf3 yet... it does look the business compared to bad company 2 but to be honest that game put me off wanting to get bf3.
if i was gonna play a moder era shooter it has to be good old cod 4... 1000 hours and counting...
its simple and fun. and not full of cry babys whining about which weps should be nerfed... first it was snipers then the medics then the red dots and so on... now it takes a full mag to shoot a guy 5 yards in front of you and theres still a change he will kill you first...
that is what spoiled bc2 for me... all the weapons have been nerfed down instead of increasing the firepower of the weaker weapons. which would have been the better option...
they wont introduce weight limits so some players were running round with gpmg's and a stinger missle on the backs. in real life you couldn't carry both and this is what spoiled the game... its meant to be a team game but has turned into a 1 man army game...

dont get me started on the medics... seriously though they should introduce a penalty movement depending on your loadout. this would mean your shock troops carrying mp5s can run further and faster than say a medic with a heavy mg. it would certainly limit the mg spaming that goes on...

nah rock paper scissors works in theory but in reality you need rock paper scissors and a 50cal to break the stalemate. limit the squads to 1 medic per 1 sniper per and the rest can choose what they want to be... that way you cant have a clan stacking the squads as they currently try to with 4 medics...


Part of the medic dominance from BFBC2 was curbed when they meshed assault rifles with medic accessories in BF3. It does help to not have a 200-round full auto monster who can also chain revive with squadmates. In terms of weapon balance DICE has really tried to keep BF3 balanced and has nerfed the appropriate things imo, even when one of them was my original gun.

Not saying that is enough reason to play the game if you're just not a fan of Battlefield, but just for the sake of discussion.
March 6, 2012 12:32:04 AM

BF3 is my favorite. The sound design is just incredible, which just make you feel there more than any MP FPS I've played to date.

One thing I like about it compared to BC2.....I'm not constantly getting killed by a guy halfway across the map shooting a pistol. ;) 
March 6, 2012 5:35:49 AM

casualcolors said:
Part of the medic dominance from BFBC2 was curbed when they meshed assault rifles with medic accessories in BF3. It does help to not have a 200-round full auto monster who can also chain revive with squadmates. In terms of weapon balance DICE has really tried to keep BF3 balanced and has nerfed the appropriate things imo, even when one of them was my original gun.

Not saying that is enough reason to play the game if you're just not a fan of Battlefield, but just for the sake of discussion.


200 round automonster...lol. But what about the American Medic's stash? I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the beastliness. I just started playing with the p90 today... pretty fun weapon .
March 6, 2012 8:59:07 AM

jfizzle4321 said:
200 round automonster...lol. But what about the American Medic's stash? I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the beastliness. I just started playing with the p90 today... pretty fun weapon .


Assault is definitely a great class in BF3, but it's a lot more manageable than the BC2 medic with an LMG. Both are infinitely more manageable than the almost unkillable 3man infinite revive combo of bf2.
March 7, 2012 3:04:46 PM

BF Vietnam hands down. I just loved the map design in that game. Boats actually had a strategic purpose.

A remake with the Frostbite 2 engine would be phenominal.
March 9, 2012 6:03:58 PM

Any of you see the new BF3 expansion commercial? Close Quarters?
March 9, 2012 6:42:14 PM

jfizzle4321 said:
Any of you see the new BF3 expansion commercial? Close Quarters?


no but im definitely going to go look it up! did they have a release date?
March 9, 2012 7:01:52 PM

There's a release date for May for Close Quarters, September for this epic vehicle expansion that is strictly for vehicles, including the largest battlefield map ever, and then there's a 3rd unspecified expansion.
March 11, 2012 5:13:13 PM

Sounds good. Dont know if i will be able to make it till September...i like the idea of close quarters combat, but i will probably never play it considering its going to be a shot gun fest like metro.
March 11, 2012 5:27:40 PM

Well, Battlefield 3 is my favorite against all others, Its user environ and gameplay is so realistic it is ahead of all the other battlefield games.