Scheduled Tasks

How can I set through the command prompt the option "run only if logged on"
using the schtasks facility?

Hope somebody can help,

Will
5 answers Last reply
More about scheduled tasks

    To schedule a task that runs every 70 days if I am logged on
    The following command schedules a security script, Sec.vbs, to run every 70
    days. The command uses the /mo parameter to specify an interval of 70 days.
    It also uses the /it parameter to specify that the task runs only when the
    user under whose account the task runs is logged onto the computer. Because
    the task will run with the permissions of my user account, then the task
    will run only when I am logged on.

    schtasks /create /tn "Security Script" /tr sec.vbs /sc daily /mo 70 /it

    Note

    . To identify tasks with the interactive-only (/it) property, use a
    verbose query (/query /v). In a verbose query display of a task with /it,
    the Logon Mode field has a value of Interactive only.

    Full listing off options is available here
    http://tinyurl.com/djsxe

    --
    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Will Manley" <WillManley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I set through the command prompt the option "run only if logged
    > on"
    > using the schtasks facility?
    >
    > Hope somebody can help,
    >
    > Will

    Hi Mark,

    I have XP SP2 but the /it option is not available to me? I even copied your
    command line exactly and it rejected the /it option. I think that option is
    Windows 2003 only?

    Any other ideas?

    Will

    "Mark Dormer" wrote:

    > To schedule a task that runs every 70 days if I am logged on
    > The following command schedules a security script, Sec.vbs, to run every 70
    > days. The command uses the /mo parameter to specify an interval of 70 days.
    > It also uses the /it parameter to specify that the task runs only when the
    > user under whose account the task runs is logged onto the computer. Because
    > the task will run with the permissions of my user account, then the task
    > will run only when I am logged on.
    >
    > schtasks /create /tn "Security Script" /tr sec.vbs /sc daily /mo 70 /it
    >
    > Note
    >
    > . To identify tasks with the interactive-only (/it) property, use a
    > verbose query (/query /v). In a verbose query display of a task with /it,
    > the Logon Mode field has a value of Interactive only.
    >

    > Full listing off options is available here
    > http://tinyurl.com/djsxe
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    > How to ask a newsgroup question:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >

    > "Will Manley" <WillManley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I set through the command prompt the option "run only if logged
    > > on"
    > > using the schtasks facility?
    > >
    > > Hope somebody can help,
    > >
    > > Will

    It appears that switch isn't supported in XP, now why do they do that?
    I'll see if I can find another way

    --

    > Hi Mark,
    >
    > I have XP SP2 but the /it option is not available to me? I even copied
    > your
    > command line exactly and it rejected the /it option. I think that option
    > is
    > Windows 2003 only?
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > Will
    >
    > "Mark Dormer" wrote:
    >
    >> To schedule a task that runs every 70 days if I am logged on
    >> The following command schedules a security script, Sec.vbs, to run every
    >> 70
    >> days. The command uses the /mo parameter to specify an interval of 70
    >> days.
    >> It also uses the /it parameter to specify that the task runs only when
    >> the
    >> user under whose account the task runs is logged onto the computer.
    >> Because
    >> the task will run with the permissions of my user account, then the task
    >> will run only when I am logged on.
    >>
    >> schtasks /create /tn "Security Script" /tr sec.vbs /sc daily /mo 70 /it
    >>
    >> Note
    >>
    >> . To identify tasks with the interactive-only (/it) property, use a
    >> verbose query (/query /v). In a verbose query display of a task with /it,
    >> the Logon Mode field has a value of Interactive only.
    >>

    >> Full listing off options is available here
    >> http://tinyurl.com/djsxe
    >>

    >> --
    >> Regards
    >> Mark Dormer
    >> How to ask a newsgroup question:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >>

    >> "Will Manley" <WillManley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How can I set through the command prompt the option "run only if logged
    >> > on"
    >> > using the schtasks facility?
    >> >
    >> > Hope somebody can help,
    >> >
    >> > Will

  4. I'm looking at exactly the same thing...

    It seems you cant get an 'AT' command to run as the current user, and the schtasks cant set the "interactive" flag.

    Did you find any workaround??
  5. Quote:
    I'm looking at exactly the same thing...

    It seems you cant get an 'AT' command to run as the current user, and the schtasks cant set the "interactive" flag.

    Did you find any workaround??

    I know its 2 years too late, but anyway:

    I have worked around this by using the windows 2003 copy of the schtasks.exe file

    just copy it onto the xp machine and use it,
    you can rename it if its easier eg. schtasks2003.exe and just use it in the same folder as your batch file.
    I have uploaded both a 32 and 64 copy of it here:
    http://fbe.am/8kb

    Cheers,

    Dan

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP