Another one bites the dust

From the Presario Customer Communities home page:

"Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other online
capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued loyalty."

....No comment

HH
5 answers Last reply
More about another bites dust

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
    >
    > "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
    > inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
    > the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
    > online
    > capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
    > chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
    > loyalty."
    >
    > ...No comment
    >
    > HH

    The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
    often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
    ISDN-modem.
    Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
    forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
    I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
    here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
    needed, and got, direct help for.

    --
    JP Loken
    Using Opera

    The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..

    "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
    >>
    >> "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
    >> inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
    >> the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
    >> online
    >> capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
    >> chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
    >> loyalty."
    >>
    >> ...No comment
    >>
    >> HH
    >
    > The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
    > often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
    > ISDN-modem.
    > Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
    > forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
    > I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
    > here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
    > needed, and got, direct help for.
    >

    > --
    > JP Loken
    > Using Opera

    Still, it's one less support option, and an indication of HP's priorities.
    And there was no leader, per se. Experts were, for the most part, outsourced
    to India, although there were a few of us homegrown.
    HH

    "TerryNC" <rebelrebel@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..
    >
    > "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
    > >>
    > >> "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
    > >> inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities
    in
    > >> the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
    > >> online
    > >> capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top
    FAQs,
    > >> chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
    > >> loyalty."
    > >>
    > >> ...No comment
    > >>
    > >> HH
    > >
    > > The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
    > > often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
    > > ISDN-modem.
    > > Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
    > > forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
    > > I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
    > > here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
    > > needed, and got, direct help for.
    > >

    > > --
    > > JP Loken
    > > Using Opera

    What I mean was, he wasn't too keen with the US,Canada models.

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Still, it's one less support option, and an indication of HP's priorities.
    > And there was no leader, per se. Experts were, for the most part,
    outsourced
    > to India, although there were a few of us homegrown.
    > HH
    >
    > "TerryNC" <rebelrebel@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > > The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..
    > >
    > > "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message

    > in
    > FAQs,

    > > > The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
    > > > often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my
    Compaq
    > > > ISDN-modem.
    > > > Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
    > > > forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
    > > > I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've
    found
    > > > here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that
    > > > needed, and got, direct help for.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > JP Loken
    > > > Using Opera

    OIC.

    > What I mean was, he wasn't too keen with the US,Canada models.
    >
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Still, it's one less support option, and an indication of HP's
    priorities.
    > > And there was no leader, per se. Experts were, for the most part,
    > outsourced
    > > to India, although there were a few of us homegrown.
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "TerryNC" <rebelrebel@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..
    > > >
    > > > "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message

    > communities
    > > in
    > > FAQs,