Another one bites the dust

hh

From the Presario Customer Communities home page:

"Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other online
capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued loyalty."

....No comment

HH

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

> From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
>
> "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
> inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
> the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
> online
> capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
> chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
> loyalty."
>
> ...No comment
>
> HH

The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
ISDN-modem.
Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
needed, and got, direct help for.

--
JP Loken
Using Opera

The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..

"JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
>>
>> "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
>> inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities in
>> the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
>> online
>> capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top FAQs,
>> chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
>> loyalty."
>>
>> ...No comment
>>
>> HH
>
> The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
> often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
> ISDN-modem.
> Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
> forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
> I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
> here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
> needed, and got, direct help for.
>

> --
> JP Loken
> Using Opera

hh

Still, it's one less support option, and an indication of HP's priorities.
And there was no leader, per se. Experts were, for the most part, outsourced
to India, although there were a few of us homegrown.
HH

"TerryNC" <rebelrebel@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
> The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..
>
> "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:02:38 -0400, HH <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> From the Presario Customer Communities home page:
> >>
> >> "Thank you for visiting the Presario customer communities. We regret to
> >> inform you that we are in the process of shutting down the communities
in
> >> the upcoming weeks. We look forward to serving you through our other
> >> online
> >> capabilities such as our Customer Care web site, which features top
FAQs,
> >> chat or email. We appreciate your past participation and continued
> >> loyalty."
> >>
> >> ...No comment
> >>
> >> HH
> >
> > The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
> > often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my Compaq
> > ISDN-modem.
> > Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
> > forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
> > I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've found
> > here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that I
> > needed, and got, direct help for.
> >

> > --
> > JP Loken
> > Using Opera

What I mean was, he wasn't too keen with the US,Canada models.

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Still, it's one less support option, and an indication of HP's priorities.
> And there was no leader, per se. Experts were, for the most part,
outsourced
> to India, although there were a few of us homegrown.
> HH
>
> "TerryNC" <rebelrebel@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
> > The self proclaimed leader of the Board was from another country..
> >
> > "JP Loken" <jp_lokennospam@hotmailikkespam.com> wrote in message

> in
> FAQs,

> > > The information from the experts on that site was unfortunately quite
> > > often misleading or wrong about my computer(Presario 5686) and my
Compaq
> > > ISDN-modem.
> > > Consequently I stayed away from it searching for answers only in this
> > > forum, which I consider very competent and reliable.
> > > I'll take this opportunity to thank for all the indirect help I've
found
> > > here so far these years, leaving me with only one, single problem that
> > > needed, and got, direct help for.
> > >

> > > --
> > > JP Loken
> > > Using Opera