  • Email
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
January 25, 2005 2:48:07 AM

Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I have made numerous
calls/sent an email to CS re. my proration this month (as well as my
prorated retention minutes). Each time (probably 6) I have been given
different "exact" totals for the 2nd part of my billing period which have
ranged from 375 (didn't even get the retention minutes included in that
because it was in response to an email and the CS didn't include the
retention minutes) to 600 total. 2nd part of billing cycle without
retention has ranged from 375 to 420. You'd think at least they'd have the
damn formula standardized!

More about : funny

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:48:08 AM

Janie Collins wrote:

> Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I have made numerous
> calls/sent an email to CS re. my proration this month (as well as my
> prorated retention minutes). Each time (probably 6) I have been given
> different "exact" totals for the 2nd part of my billing period which have
> ranged from 375 (didn't even get the retention minutes included in that
> because it was in response to an email and the CS didn't include the
> retention minutes) to 600 total. 2nd part of billing cycle without
> retention has ranged from 375 to 420. You'd think at least they'd have the
> damn formula standardized!

And people wonder why their wait times, for CS, are so long.

Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:50:18 AM

Ahh, well, if they gave out the same f-ing information the second time as
they did the first..........................!

> Janie Collins wrote:
>>
>> Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I have made numerous
>> calls/sent an email to CS re. my proration this month (as well as my
>> prorated retention minutes). Each time (probably 6) I have been given
>> different "exact" totals for the 2nd part of my billing period which have
>> ranged from 375 (didn't even get the retention minutes included in that
>> because it was in response to an email and the CS didn't include the
>> retention minutes) to 600 total. 2nd part of billing cycle without
>> retention has ranged from 375 to 420. You'd think at least they'd have
>> the
>> damn formula standardized!
>
> And people wonder why their wait times, for CS, are so long.
>
> Notan
January 25, 2005 5:02:56 AM

As I've said previously, I've had good results with CS, but nothing seems to
be standardized--that forces me, as the customer, to try make as damn sure
of my bottom-line as possible.

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ahh, well, if they gave out the same f-ing information the second time as
> they did the first..........................!
>
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>> Janie Collins wrote:
>>>
>>> Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I have made numerous
>>> calls/sent an email to CS re. my proration this month (as well as my
>>> prorated retention minutes). Each time (probably 6) I have been given
>>> different "exact" totals for the 2nd part of my billing period which
>>> have
>>> ranged from 375 (didn't even get the retention minutes included in that
>>> because it was in response to an email and the CS didn't include the
>>> retention minutes) to 600 total. 2nd part of billing cycle without
>>> retention has ranged from 375 to 420. You'd think at least they'd have
>>> the
>>> damn formula standardized!
>>
>> And people wonder why their wait times, for CS, are so long.
>>
>> Notan

January 25, 2005 5:02:57 AM

Are all of your calls just to check your "bottom line" repeatedly each
day and does anyone else call you?
It seems like you just bought a two-year plan to spend lots of money to
check your bottom line and gripe about it 30 times a day to some user
group.
You do have waaay too much time on your hands!

> As I've said previously, I've had good results with CS, but nothing
seems to
> be standardized--that forces me, as the customer, to try make as damn
sure
> of my bottom-line as possible.
>

> "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Ahh, well, if they gave out the same f-ing information the second
time as
> > they did the first..........................!
> >
> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> >> And people wonder why their wait times, for CS, are so long.
> >>
> >> Notan

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 6:20:30 AM

Actually, each time (except for the email) I did have other questions, and I
called locally too, only twice was to the VZ 800# and the first time I
called the CS told me to call back in an hour to check.

Part of the reason I write here is I just like to write and learn what I
can, but I know what you're saying :) .

"John" <jpa1121atcomcastdotnet> wrote in message
> Are all of your calls just to check your "bottom line" repeatedly each
> day and does anyone else call you?
> It seems like you just bought a two-year plan to spend lots of money to
> check your bottom line and gripe about it 30 times a day to some user
> group.
> You do have waaay too much time on your hands!
>
> "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>> As I've said previously, I've had good results with CS, but nothing
> seems to
>> be standardized--that forces me, as the customer, to try make as damn
> sure
>> of my bottom-line as possible.
>>

>> "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > Ahh, well, if they gave out the same f-ing information the second
> time as
>> > they did the first..........................!
>> >
>> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> numerous
> my
> given
> which
> that
> the
> without
> have

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 6:20:31 AM

Janie Collins wrote:

> Actually, each time (except for the email) I did have other questions, and I
> called locally too, only twice was to the VZ 800# and the first time I
> called the CS told me to call back in an hour to check.
>
> Part of the reason I write here is I just like to write and learn what I
> can, but I know what you're saying :) .

You're abusing the system, Janie. And, no, there's no little smiley
face involved.

If you've got five questions, try asking them all in one phonecall.
If you can't remember what they are, write them down.

One of the biggest complaints about Customer Service is the wait time.
In your own words, "Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I
have made numerous calls/sent an email to CS."

Maybe it's time to grow up.

Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:03:33 AM

No abuse intended; simply looking for consistency and answers to other
questions. Why wait a week to make a list?

This is a very informative forum. I am simply on the computer a lot and
have found it fun to correspond, but believe I'll simply read from now on.
Thanks for all of you nice guys and gals. Sorry for stepping on the toes of
the other ones :) . Big smiley!

> Janie Collins wrote:
>>
>> Actually, each time (except for the email) I did have other questions,
>> and I
>> called locally too, only twice was to the VZ 800# and the first time I
>> called the CS told me to call back in an hour to check.
>>
>> Part of the reason I write here is I just like to write and learn what I
>> can, but I know what you're saying :) .
>
> You're abusing the system, Janie. And, no, there's no little smiley
> face involved.
>
> If you've got five questions, try asking them all in one phonecall.
> If you can't remember what they are, write them down.
>
> One of the biggest complaints about Customer Service is the wait time.
> In your own words, "Because I have w-a-y too much time on my hands, I
> have made numerous calls/sent an email to CS."
>
> Maybe it's time to grow up.
>
> Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:03:34 AM

Janie Collins wrote:

> No abuse intended; simply looking for consistency and answers to other
> questions. Why wait a week to make a list?
>
> This is a very informative forum. I am simply on the computer a lot and
> have found it fun to correspond, but believe I'll simply read from now on.
> Thanks for all of you nice guys and gals. Sorry for stepping on the toes of
> the other ones :) . Big smiley!

Feel free to ask questions, answer questions, comment, or just lurk
in the newsgroups.

It's a whole lot different than tying up a CS person 'cause *you've*
got nothing better to do!

Take care.

Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:10:40 AM

>> You're abusing the system, Janie. And, no, there's no little smiley
>> face involved.

Oh please. She's NOT abusing the system. If they can't come up with
consistent answers, that's their problem. How many times do we give the
advice here to call again if the first rep doesn't respond favorably? Now
why would we give that advice -- it's the inconsistency, stupid! So cut the
whining about long hold times...boo hoo hoo... bring a book to read.

I know I certainly will call customer service as many times as I deem
necessary and not feel at all guilty about it. Keep posting Janie!
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:24:46 AM

Well, you've probably misunderstood me. I tend to have a self-deprecating
sense of humor and truly don't just pick up and phone and call CS
willy-nilly. I realize I've given that impression, but as I said--I tend to
laugh and say "oh, I have too much time on my hands" in a self-deprecating
sort of way. I get into the interaction on here because it's quite
interesting, but it's funny to see my name on so many of the
postings--that's not really me either, it's just that I'm all excited this
week because I got a new phone, and got interested in the discrepancies of
all the mid-cycle billing changes, but I enjoy typing much more than being
on the phone--especially to CS. I've given you the wrong impression of me
(I'm sure you don't care anyway) but I've been more interested in the
discussions than calling CS--just had some other questions after the 2nd
time when I was told to call back, and asked as an "oh, by the way". As I
said, probably 2 were to the 800#, don't believe the others were, but same
difference I suppose--I guess locally and from my cell phone are all the
same.

Janie

> Janie Collins wrote:
>>
>> No abuse intended; simply looking for consistency and answers to other
>> questions. Why wait a week to make a list?
>>
>> This is a very informative forum. I am simply on the computer a lot and
>> have found it fun to correspond, but believe I'll simply read from now
>> on.
>> Thanks for all of you nice guys and gals. Sorry for stepping on the toes
>> of
>> the other ones :) . Big smiley!
>
> Feel free to ask questions, answer questions, comment, or just lurk
> in the newsgroups.
>
> It's a whole lot different than tying up a CS person 'cause *you've*
> got nothing better to do!
>
> Take care.
>
> Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:24:47 AM

Janie Collins wrote:
> Well, you've probably misunderstood me. I tend to have a
> self-deprecating sense of humor and truly don't just pick up and
> phone and call CS willy-nilly. I realize I've given that impression,
> but as I said--I tend to laugh and say "oh, I have too much time on
> my hands" in a self-deprecating sort of way. I get into the
> interaction on here because it's quite interesting, but it's funny to
> see my name on so many of the postings--that's not really me either,
> it's just that I'm all excited this week because I got a new phone,
> and got interested in the discrepancies of all the mid-cycle billing
> changes, but I enjoy typing much more than being on the
> phone--especially to CS. I've given you the wrong impression of me
> (I'm sure you don't care anyway) but I've been more interested in the
> discussions than calling CS--just had some other questions after the
> 2nd time when I was told to call back, and asked as an "oh, by the
> way". As I said, probably 2 were to the 800#, don't believe the
> others were, but same difference I suppose--I guess locally and from
> my cell phone are all the same.
> Janie

Can I suggest that you find out how to use your phone on the internet
(especially at 1X speeds) and post here? Then you can do both things at
once! :)

PS Nothing wrong with a self deprecating sense of humour, Johnny Carson had
one, and was a rather popular person. Most people on here however (including
me at times) are other-person deprecating...
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:28:55 AM

Thanks, Ileen! I'm now trying to count up in my head how many times I
called the 800# so I won't be looked at as a liar.

Honestly, I do appreciate your post! Janie

"ileen" <ileen@maine.abbreviationforroadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> You're abusing the system, Janie. And, no, there's no little smiley
>>> face involved.
>
> Oh please. She's NOT abusing the system. If they can't come up with
> consistent answers, that's their problem. How many times do we give the
> advice here to call again if the first rep doesn't respond favorably? Now
> why would we give that advice -- it's the inconsistency, stupid! So cut
> the whining about long hold times...boo hoo hoo... bring a book to read.
>
> I know I certainly will call customer service as many times as I deem
> necessary and not feel at all guilty about it. Keep posting Janie!

January 25, 2005 12:38:34 PM

ileen wrote:
>>>You're abusing the system, Janie. And, no, there's no little smiley
>>>face involved.
>

> Oh please. She's NOT abusing the system. If they can't come up with
> consistent answers, that's their problem. How many times do we give the
> advice here to call again if the first rep doesn't respond favorably? Now
> why would we give that advice -- it's the inconsistency, stupid! So cut the
> whining about long hold times...boo hoo hoo... bring a book to read.
>
> I know I certainly will call customer service as many times as I deem
> necessary and not feel at all guilty about it. Keep posting Janie!

Damn, ileen, you're tough, but absolutely correct. If Verizon actually
had standardized answers, then Verizon would not have to spend so much
time with "customer service" fixing their self-created problems.

Verizon's inability to give straight answers is why I no longer use
Verizon for landline service, or dsl.

Tom
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:38:35 PM

Tom wrote:

> > Oh please. She's NOT abusing the system. If they can't come up with
> > consistent answers, that's their problem. How many times do we give the
> > advice here to call again if the first rep doesn't respond favorably? Now
> > why would we give that advice -- it's the inconsistency, stupid! So cut the
> > whining about long hold times...boo hoo hoo... bring a book to read.
> >
> > I know I certainly will call customer service as many times as I deem
> > necessary and not feel at all guilty about it. Keep posting Janie!
> >

> Damn, ileen, you're tough, but absolutely correct. If Verizon actually
> had standardized answers, then Verizon would not have to spend so much
> time with "customer service" fixing their self-created problems.
>
> Verizon's inability to give straight answers is why I no longer use
> Verizon for landline service, or dsl.

The CS system is flawed. We all know it. If you'll check other cellular
provider newsgroups, you'll find that they're (almost) all flawed.

How does making multiple phone calls fix the system?

Notan
January 25, 2005 2:25:16 PM

Notan wrote:
> Tom wrote:

>>>Oh please. She's NOT abusing the system. If they can't come up with
>>>consistent answers, that's their problem. How many times do we give the
>>>advice here to call again if the first rep doesn't respond favorably? Now
>>>why would we give that advice -- it's the inconsistency, stupid! So cut the
>>>whining about long hold times...boo hoo hoo... bring a book to read.
>>>
>>>I know I certainly will call customer service as many times as I deem
>>>necessary and not feel at all guilty about it. Keep posting Janie!
>>>

>>Damn, ileen, you're tough, but absolutely correct. If Verizon actually
>>had standardized answers, then Verizon would not have to spend so much
>>time with "customer service" fixing their self-created problems.
>>
>>Verizon's inability to give straight answers is why I no longer use
>>Verizon for landline service, or dsl.
>

> The CS system is flawed. We all know it. If you'll check other cellular
> provider newsgroups, you'll find that they're (almost) all flawed.
>
> How does making multiple phone calls fix the system?
>
> Notan

I'm not suggesting anyone make unnecessary phone calls. And, if other
cellular providers are "flawed," it doesn't make it any more acceptable
to me that Verizon is also "flawed." Though, I do think Verizon
wireless customer service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
Then again, this makes sense since Verizon wireless has a lot of
competition in most areas.

While it is true that verizon will generally correct any errors they
make, it is also true that I have spent an awful lot of time on the
phone getting various screwups corrected. Problems have ranged from
billing errors to being charged for a phone line that was never ordered,
or actually existed.

The customer agreement is located on the Verizon website. Since the
agreement does not mention anything about proration when someone changes
their plan during the month, this is another self-inflicted wound
Verizon gives itself when the cs rep fails to mention that the customer
will face overcharges under certain circumstances. When this happened
to me, I spent a fair amount of time trying (successfully) to get what I
considered to be fair treatment; of course, this tied up the cs line for
some time. Like I told the rep, had I been told of how proration
worked, I would have waited to switch at the beginning of my billing cycle.

Again, I don't think it is asking too much for Verizon to standardize
the answers their cs reps give out to the public. I have no idea of
what we can do to improve the situation. Apparently neither does
Verizon's management, because I have no reason to think Verizon
management would not also like to provide better customer service, since
poor service has an effect on profit - as in more cs calls, lost
business, etc.

Tom
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:25:17 PM

Tom wrote:

> I'm not suggesting anyone make unnecessary phone calls. And, if other
> cellular providers are "flawed," it doesn't make it any more acceptable
> to me that Verizon is also "flawed." Though, I do think Verizon
> wireless customer service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
> Then again, this makes sense since Verizon wireless has a lot of
> competition in most areas.
>
> While it is true that verizon will generally correct any errors they
> make, it is also true that I have spent an awful lot of time on the
> phone getting various screwups corrected. Problems have ranged from
> billing errors to being charged for a phone line that was never ordered,
> or actually existed.
>
> The customer agreement is located on the Verizon website. Since the
> agreement does not mention anything about proration when someone changes
> their plan during the month, this is another self-inflicted wound
> Verizon gives itself when the cs rep fails to mention that the customer
> will face overcharges under certain circumstances. When this happened
> to me, I spent a fair amount of time trying (successfully) to get what I
> considered to be fair treatment; of course, this tied up the cs line for
> some time. Like I told the rep, had I been told of how proration
> worked, I would have waited to switch at the beginning of my billing cycle.
>
> Again, I don't think it is asking too much for Verizon to standardize
> the answers their cs reps give out to the public. I have no idea of
> what we can do to improve the situation. Apparently neither does
> Verizon's management, because I have no reason to think Verizon
> management would not also like to provide better customer service, since
> poor service has an effect on profit - as in more cs calls, lost
> business, etc.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that because everyone's bad, it's OK for Verizon
to be, also.

My impression, from Janie, was that she was bored and decided to call,
multiple times, asking the same question, just to see how many different
answers she'd get.

*That's* the part that annoyed me.

I don't know what the answer is, but with the current system in place,
(excessive) multiple phone calls isn't it.

Haven't we proven that, already!

Notan
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:25:17 PM

>> The CS system is flawed. We all know it. If you'll check
>> other cellular provider newsgroups, you'll find that
>> they're (almost) all flawed.
>
> I'm not suggesting anyone make unnecessary phone calls.
> And, if other cellular providers are "flawed," it doesn't
> make it any more acceptable to me that Verizon is also
> "flawed." Though, I do think Verizon wireless customer
> service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.

Completely separate organizations.

> Then again, this makes sense since Verizon wireless has a
> lot of competition in most areas.

Yup. As a business your objective is not perfection but good
enough to be better than the competition.

-Quick
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:10:29 PM

Ahh, to use my phone on the internet, I'd be better off with Sprint--but
then that's probably a whole other discussion :) .

As for the PS, I totally agree. I'm not on here to hurt anyone's feelings,
but I believe some people get off doing just that. It's sad, really.

Have a good one!

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Janie Collins wrote:
>> Well, you've probably misunderstood me. I tend to have a
>> self-deprecating sense of humor and truly don't just pick up and
>> phone and call CS willy-nilly. I realize I've given that impression,
>> but as I said--I tend to laugh and say "oh, I have too much time on
>> my hands" in a self-deprecating sort of way. I get into the
>> interaction on here because it's quite interesting, but it's funny to
>> see my name on so many of the postings--that's not really me either,
>> it's just that I'm all excited this week because I got a new phone,
>> and got interested in the discrepancies of all the mid-cycle billing
>> changes, but I enjoy typing much more than being on the
>> phone--especially to CS. I've given you the wrong impression of me
>> (I'm sure you don't care anyway) but I've been more interested in the
>> discussions than calling CS--just had some other questions after the
>> 2nd time when I was told to call back, and asked as an "oh, by the
>> way". As I said, probably 2 were to the 800#, don't believe the
>> others were, but same difference I suppose--I guess locally and from
>> my cell phone are all the same.
>> Janie
>>

> Can I suggest that you find out how to use your phone on the internet
> (especially at 1X speeds) and post here? Then you can do both things at
> once! :)
>
> PS Nothing wrong with a self deprecating sense of humour, Johnny Carson
> had one, and was a rather popular person. Most people on here however
> (including me at times) are other-person deprecating...

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:10:30 PM

Janie Collins wrote:
> Ahh, to use my phone on the internet, I'd be better off with
> Sprint--but then that's probably a whole other discussion :) .

Discuss all you want, but there are millions of folks that travel in RV's,
many who had sprint service, (and hated that useless POS company) and now
have verizon.

My word on it, is that I will be extremely happy and one of the first to
cheer when that POS company goes out of business (get the feeling I don't
like em? Funny I used to work for em, and had sprint service....)
January 25, 2005 7:42:44 PM

Quick wrote:
> Though, I do think Verizon wireless customer
>>service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
>

> Completely separate organizations.

Ok. Then that may account for the marginally better customer service.
I do think that most of the cs reps attempt to do a good job, and I have
mentioned that to customer service. I can only think the problems
people have are due to poor management and lack of proper training.

Tom
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:42:45 PM

Tom wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>> Though, I do think Verizon wireless customer
>>> service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
>>

>> Completely separate organizations.
>
> Ok. Then that may account for the marginally better
> customer service. I do think that most of the cs reps
> attempt to do a good job, and I have mentioned that to
> customer service. I can only think the problems people
> have are due to poor management and lack of proper
> training.

That could be a tall task. I suspect the average CSR
salary is not high and that there is a fairly high turnover
for that job. That could be remedied but as I said I think
the objective is to only better than your competition.

-Quick
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:42:45 PM

Tom wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>> Though, I do think Verizon wireless customer
>>> service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
>>

>> Completely separate organizations.
>
> Ok. Then that may account for the marginally better customer service.
> I do think that most of the cs reps attempt to do a good job, and I
> have mentioned that to customer service. I can only think the
> problems people have are due to poor management and lack of proper
> training.
> Tom

Are you dealing with the smart cs's at *611 or the 800 number, or the dumb
yahoos, that will most likely not know or lie, and are mainly out for
commisions, at the local stores?
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:41:55 PM

Being who I am, I beat people like you to the chase by saying that I have
w-a-y too much time on my hands. I don't, and haven't spent that much time
on the phone with CS, I simply choose in life to recognize and state the
snotty observation that people like you can't wait to be the first to make;
thus making you the second to state such an astute observation!

> Tom wrote:
>>
>> I'm not suggesting anyone make unnecessary phone calls. And, if other
>> cellular providers are "flawed," it doesn't make it any more acceptable
>> to me that Verizon is also "flawed." Though, I do think Verizon
>> wireless customer service is a step above Verizon landline and dsl.
>> Then again, this makes sense since Verizon wireless has a lot of
>> competition in most areas.
>>
>> While it is true that verizon will generally correct any errors they
>> make, it is also true that I have spent an awful lot of time on the
>> phone getting various screwups corrected. Problems have ranged from
>> billing errors to being charged for a phone line that was never ordered,
>> or actually existed.
>>
>> The customer agreement is located on the Verizon website. Since the
>> agreement does not mention anything about proration when someone changes
>> their plan during the month, this is another self-inflicted wound
>> Verizon gives itself when the cs rep fails to mention that the customer
>> will face overcharges under certain circumstances. When this happened
>> to me, I spent a fair amount of time trying (successfully) to get what I
>> considered to be fair treatment; of course, this tied up the cs line for
>> some time. Like I told the rep, had I been told of how proration
>> worked, I would have waited to switch at the beginning of my billing
>> cycle.
>>
>> Again, I don't think it is asking too much for Verizon to standardize
>> the answers their cs reps give out to the public. I have no idea of
>> what we can do to improve the situation. Apparently neither does
>> Verizon's management, because I have no reason to think Verizon
>> management would not also like to provide better customer service, since
>> poor service has an effect on profit - as in more cs calls, lost
>> business, etc.
>
> Sorry, I wasn't implying that because everyone's bad, it's OK for Verizon
> to be, also.
>
> My impression, from Janie, was that she was bored and decided to call,
> multiple times, asking the same question, just to see how many different
> answers she'd get.
>
> *That's* the part that annoyed me.
>
> I don't know what the answer is, but with the current system in place,
> (excessive) multiple phone calls isn't it.
>
> Haven't we proven that, already!
>
> Notan
January 25, 2005 9:13:45 PM

Peter Pan wrote:

> Are you dealing with the smart cs's at *611 or the 800 number, or the dumb
> yahoos, that will most likely not know or lie, and are mainly out for
> commisions, at the local stores?

I either call the *611 or the 800 number; I haven't been back to the
store since my wife signed her original contract.

Even the "smart" ones can screw up. When we added a second line for a
family share plan, I ended up being charged for the second line, and a
third line - though this was quickly corrected. All in all, I haven't
been too unhappy with customer service.

Tom
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:25:10 AM

Ya know, the only thing that IS good about hubby having Sprint and my having
Verizon is that, if there is a signal to be had, one of us gets it. That
DOES make it good for traveling.

He uses it in cities and has the PDA phone because he uses the internet a
lot, and it actually is far cheaper for him than Verizon would be, so in
some cases, it "ain't" so bad :) .

I know I don't want it back!

> Janie Collins wrote:
>> Ahh, to use my phone on the internet, I'd be better off with
>> Sprint--but then that's probably a whole other discussion :) .
>>

> Discuss all you want, but there are millions of folks that travel in RV's,
> many who had sprint service, (and hated that useless POS company) and now
> have verizon.
>
> My word on it, is that I will be extremely happy and one of the first to
> cheer when that POS company goes out of business (get the feeling I don't
> like em? Funny I used to work for em, and had sprint service....)

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:25:11 AM

For within cities I'll buy that (maybe), however for those of us that travel
in RV's/boats/ (private)planes, most of the places (RV parks, Marinas, small
airports) are outside of the cities/off the major interstates, and that
usually makes it very BAD for sprint use. Guess it depends on what type of
traveling you do.

Come to think of it, maybe I should be clear, some people think Peter Pan
was female cuz of Caathy Rigby, but the Original Peter Pan (and me too) are
MALE.. we don't have husbands.... :)

Janie Collins wrote:
> Ya know, the only thing that IS good about hubby having Sprint and my
> having Verizon is that, if there is a signal to be had, one of us
> gets it. That DOES make it good for traveling.
>
> He uses it in cities and has the PDA phone because he uses the
> internet a lot, and it actually is far cheaper for him than Verizon
> would be, so in some cases, it "ain't" so bad :) .
>
> I know I don't want it back!
>

> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Janie Collins wrote:
>>> Ahh, to use my phone on the internet, I'd be better off with
>>> Sprint--but then that's probably a whole other discussion :) .
>>>

>> Discuss all you want, but there are millions of folks that travel in
>> RV's, many who had sprint service, (and hated that useless POS
>> company) and now have verizon.
>>
>> My word on it, is that I will be extremely happy and one of the
>> first to cheer when that POS company goes out of business (get the
>> feeling I don't like em? Funny I used to work for em, and had sprint
>> service....)
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:25:12 AM

Peter Pan wrote:

> For within cities I'll buy that (maybe), however for those of us that travel
> in RV's/boats/ (private)planes, most of the places (RV parks, Marinas, small
> airports) are outside of the cities/off the major interstates, and that
> usually makes it very BAD for sprint use. Guess it depends on what type of
> traveling you do.
>
> Come to think of it, maybe I should be clear, some people think Peter Pan
> was female cuz of Caathy Rigby, but the Original Peter Pan (and me too) are
> MALE.. we don't have husbands.... :)

Completely OT, but wasn't Mary Martin the original Peter Pan? <g>

Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:25:13 AM

Janie Collins wrote:

> Oops--should have read all the posts! Good job, Notan. Maybe you're not so
> bad :) .

Right back at ya! <g>

Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:14:14 AM

:) !

Janie

> Janie Collins wrote:
>>
>> Oops--should have read all the posts! Good job, Notan. Maybe you're not
>> so
>> bad :) .
>
> Right back at ya! <g>
>
> Notan
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:36:29 AM

My son has ATT and says he has a signal most of the way through the
mountains. I think he lies. (He's trying to talk me into moving up north
and said it doesn't snow in Cleveland. I know he lies. <lol>)

> Actually, right around Princeton is where Sprint gets a good signal and I
> get nothing, although I used to--I think there may be something to VZW
> "taking away" some of the Sprint towers but I haven't really checked it
> out since summer. You are right about it pretty much being a dead zone
> from the tunnels to Charleston. I think many of the natives around them
> thar parts use NTelos and Cellular One, but I don't even know how they do
> in that area. I visited a gal friend in Dunbar (outside Charleston) and
> (back when I had Sprint) got a great signal at her house and she couldn't
> get one with AT&T. It is odd how those things work/don't work, isn't it?

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:19:58 PM

He lies :) , (no snow in Cleveland)! That's cute that he wants his Mama
close. You should feel proud!

"cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> My son has ATT and says he has a signal most of the way through the
> mountains. I think he lies. (He's trying to talk me into moving up north
> and said it doesn't snow in Cleveland. I know he lies. <lol>)
>

> "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, right around Princeton is where Sprint gets a good signal and I
>> get nothing, although I used to--I think there may be something to VZW
>> "taking away" some of the Sprint towers but I haven't really checked it
>> out since summer. You are right about it pretty much being a dead zone
>> from the tunnels to Charleston. I think many of the natives around them
>> thar parts use NTelos and Cellular One, but I don't even know how they do
>> in that area. I visited a gal friend in Dunbar (outside Charleston) and
>> (back when I had Sprint) got a great signal at her house and she couldn't
>> get one with AT&T. It is odd how those things work/don't work, isn't it?

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:20:23 PM

However, going east from I-79, there's solid Sprint signal 1/3 of the way
to Elkins. But after that it's analog or nothing to Snowshoe.

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:8HEJd.41577$dt3.3657055@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> WV is the main reason I stuck with a trimode. Can't get squat in most of
> Weston (off 79) without analog.

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:52:03 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:04:43 GMT, Janie Collins wrote:

> I visited a gal friend in Dunbar (outside Charleston) and (back when
> I had Sprint) got a great signal at her house and she couldn't get one with
> AT&T. It is odd how those things work/don't work, isn't it?

Not necessarily. AT&T and Sprint use completely different (and
non-compatible) networks. It depends on who has a tower in range of your
cell phone.

Remember, these things are basically radio transceivers (walkie-talkies).
January 26, 2005 6:54:09 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:42:04 GMT, "Janie Collins"
<jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote:

>Wow--maybe Sprint isn't available in Princeton anymore, I'll admit we
>haven't stopped at the Cracker Barrell for a couple of years, so I'm sure
>you're right. I know my phone used to work there, but the last time I
>checked, it didn't. Heck, it may have been 3 years since I really paid
>attention--I'll update my PRL before I go up next time and and check it all
>out thoroughly.

The Cracker Barrel's right at the 77/460 interchange, and you should
be getting a full U.S. Cellular signal there...

Sprint DID come into the equation further south of that interchange,
which is what you may have been thinking. For example, the area of
I-77 just south of the VA/NC border used to be covered by Sprint's
Charlotte SID. But VZW removed that 2-3 years ago. The coverage
there was replaced by Carolina West Wireless, first analog only, then
digital as they fired up and converted from TDMA to CDMA. Last time I
was on that stretch of 77 (near Mt. Airy), the signal looked pretty
strong and it looked like a decent gap filler until VZW's Triad SID
kicked in further south. I didn't make any calls, tho.

Anyway, I lived and worked in Roanoke from late 2001 to mid-2003, and
took that route (460 to 77) frequently, and always had U.S. Cellular
service (digital, even) near Princeton...never saw Sprint up that far
north, and I always know how to check my SID...

Mike
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:55:27 PM

He just wants a babysitter for the times day care isn't available. <g>

> He lies :) , (no snow in Cleveland)! That's cute that he wants his Mama
> close. You should feel proud!

January 27, 2005 5:53:15 AM

One company, one policy, one entity, but hundreds of different answers. And
some one said customer service was a highlight of this company? Sorry,
getting different answers regarding your bill with the same question does
NOT demonstrate superior customer service. Plain and simple on that one.
Unless of course everyone thinks it's ok to give a customer all different
answers on the same question. Can't imagine why that would be ok...but I
guarantee some people will just want to agree with that.

!