Your question

Monitoring the stability when overcloaking

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 15, 2000 4:40:28 AM

Hi again, yes, me again !

How should I do and what software should I use to test the stability of my system when I overcloak by increment of 50mhz with a goldfinger card ?

How can I monitor the temperature ? Is there a simple way without buying some kind of equipment ?

thans again folks !

Simon Ethier
ICQ 2165570
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 17, 2000 5:45:48 AM

what mobo are you using? via chipset? if so via's website and most of the board's makers supply a program called hardware monitor, that'll watch your temp, fan speeds, voltages.
wickedlester

p.s if for some reason you can't find it let me know i'll see what i can do about sending it to you.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wickedlester on 11/17/00 03:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 17, 2000 10:04:10 AM

You can also use the ubiquitous Motherboard Monitor, assuming it supports your board. This thing monitors everything.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

There are a zillion ways to benchmark your system. A common test is Madonion's 3DMark2000. This just looks so cool, but weighs in at ~20 megs., so unless you have a broadband connection... You can download it at:

www.madonion.com

Games, esp. Quake III, are another common test (assuming you have the games). There are instructions to run the tests in a lot of places. Although I've not used these specific instructions, this site lists them for many games:

http://bws.sprintnet.pl/faq/faq.html

(Just tried to reach that site and couldn't, although it was okay a while ago.)

Mike
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 17, 2000 1:54:49 PM

I did try MbM ... but it says my CPU temp is 24-25 celsius :)  I can assure you when I touch it it is more than that ! hehe

Simon Ethier
ICQ 2165570
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 17, 2000 3:10:15 PM

If you want to be sure that your CPU isn't too hot, then run a programe that uses 100% of the CPU for a few minutes, then you can put a thermometer on the heatsink of the CPU (on the metal part). It gives quite a good idea of how hot you CPU is. If you want to have it permanently displayed, then go to Reno-Depot and buy a cool digital thermometer and make it fit in a unused 5¼" slot cover.
!