Team Fortress 2 glitching textures

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Team-Fortress-2
  • Graphics
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
March 3, 2012 3:19:18 AM

I'm getting some weird graphics problems while playing TF2. I just recently built this PC and I know it's very capable of handling this game but during matches some textures are flashing, turning colors etc. At first it wasn't too bad and at least bearable but after a couple minutes it got worse. Player models started doing the same. It's not even playable now. I tried to take a screen shot to show what I mean but the screen shot shows the graphics normally. I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help?

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3
i5 2500k
2x Palit GTX 560 ti 2GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance

More about : team fortress glitching textures

Best solution

March 6, 2012 11:37:39 PM

Have you tried to verify the local data cache through steam? Could be some bad files in your directory. Should be able to do this if you right click the title in your games library on steam, select properties. Somewhere in the tabs is an option to verify the integrity of the local game cache, which verifies the downloaded files are correct. Give that a shot.
March 7, 2012 1:56:01 PM

wait, so if you take a screenshot it looks fine, but on your screen it's all messed up?

sounds like your GPU is doing fine and you have a problem with monitor or cable. Doublecheck that video cable is plugged in securely on both ends, check your monitor settings/etc or if possible, try a different monitor.

Also, get a program like speedfan, hwmonitor or hwinfo and check your GPU and CPU temperature while running the game, high temps may cause texture degradation in memory
m
l
Related resources
March 7, 2012 9:25:30 PM

I verified the cache and checked cables. They weren't the problem. I use MSI afterburner to monitor my GPU temps and they don't get hotter than 50C while playing TF2. I believe it was a driver problem as I installed the new one (didn't know they put a new one out lol) and it's working fine now, so I'm assuming that was the problem. Thanks for the replies though, unfortunately I can only select one best answer.
m
l
March 7, 2012 9:25:40 PM

Best answer selected by Shavako.
m
l