Need help and advise urgently

Shikhar1

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Ok so i have my own cs1.6 dedicated server and i play with my friends my latency was from 0-3 and my friend who lives very far from my home had latency 50-60 others had latencies in between,everything was fine until one day my choke was 100 and my latency skyrocketed to 150-200 while my friends have the same latency between 4-60.Now i am extremely frustrated as i cannot enjoy my own server what should i do please help :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

high latencies on host dedicated servers points to infections... something is using your outgoing line and increasing the latency because of it...
if your on a dhcp connection make sure your ip hasnt been changed by your isp(dhcp ips are dynamic so get changed every week or so). it could be your inadvertently trying to connect to some1 elses ip by accident.

Shikhar1

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

its something else my ip has always been dynamic but it was never a problem until now and as far as connecting to someone elses ip is concerned my ip has already changed 2-3 times.Please if you can think of something else help me please :( :( :(

ashdeman

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Check your network/internet cabling. Go to your ISPs website or ring them and ask them to do a line test. Could be something do with that. Before I used ethernet cables I had a telephone extension cable that eventually got a lose connection and that caused me lots of problems.

Shikhar1

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

but that doesnt explain the normal as ever pings for my friends :pfff: :pfff:

Shikhar1

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

If it sheds some light by the way I changed rate and pings dropped drastically to around 8-10