Billing on the new FS...

I checked online to see how badly VZW screwed up my bill after all the
problems earlier this month, and surprizingly, it's not bad. They billed me
for 2 days on the wrong plan for the phone i added in PA ($2.50 total, not
worth my time to get it credited except the CSR is supposed to call me
tomorrow to go over the bill, so i'll point that error out.)

The guys looking for corp discounts on the primary line will like
this... I wasn't expecting a simple $50, because a others here said it would
be $39.99/20 for the first two, 9.99 for additional. (All three phones on
this plan have National Access now but I only have a cable for one phone -
the one in PA. :( My other account changes over on the 28th - I hope NA is
added to those secondary too.)

BTW, what is the point of the .45 off peak billing if it's unlimited
off peak?

Primary line:

America's Choice Familyshare Pri 500 Any Unl N&W & In Call $50.00 2y
0105
Monthly charge $50.00
Monthly allowance minutes 500 general
Additional per minute charge $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak

Secondaries:
America's Ch Familyshare Second 500 W/Pri Unl N&W & In Call
$9.99 2y
0105
Monthly charge $9.99
Monthly allowance minutes 0 peak, 0 off-peak
Additional per minute charge $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak

Bad form to talk to myself, I know... but... did they drop the activation
fee? I didn't pay it when I got the phone in PA and it's not on this bill...
which leaves me wondering if a) it's no longer charged or in all the
changes, it got overlooked. <haha> or b) I'll have another bill coming for
the 30 min the phone had a PA number. (I'm pretty sure $15 was added to the
bill for the phone I added in Dec - but they closed that account after the
3rd phone was added and I can't look at the old bill to verify. Damn
paperless billing.)

In looking at the pdf closer, the primary number still has 100 free text.
That was added by a promotion either when I got that number or in a promo
soon after and I expected it to drop off with the change in plans. So... now
I feel it's definitely not worth arguing the 2 day charge when they put the
new phone on it's own $40/mo plan instead of on the family share. (Or did I
not read the fine print and it's part of the new FS? It's only on the
primary - I had a whopping 22 cents for text messaging on the other two
lines.)

cricket wrote:
> Bad form to talk to myself, I know... but... did they
> drop the activation fee? I didn't pay it when I got the
> phone in PA and it's not on this bill... which leaves me
> wondering if a) it's no longer charged or in all the
> changes, it got overlooked. <haha> or b) I'll have
> another bill coming for the 30 min the phone had a PA
> number. (I'm pretty sure $15 was added to the bill for
> the phone I added in Dec - but they closed that account
> after the 3rd phone was added and I can't look at the old
> bill to verify. Damn paperless billing.)
>
> In looking at the pdf closer, the primary number still
> has 100 free text. That was added by a promotion either
> when I got that number or in a promo soon after and I
> expected it to drop off with the change in plans. So...
> now I feel it's definitely not worth arguing the 2 day
> charge when they put the new phone on it's own $40/mo
> plan instead of on the family share. (Or did I not read
> the fine print and it's part of the new FS? It's only on
> the primary - I had a whopping 22 cents for text
> messaging on the other two lines.)

My understanding is that activation is only charged when
establishing new service (new line) and then is waived for
a 2 yr. contract. I forgot if you added new lines or just moved
things around.

-Quick

> My understanding is that activation is only charged when
> establishing new service (new line) and then is waived for
> a 2 yr. contract. I forgot if you added new lines or just moved
> things around.

I added a new line - and VZW moved it around. The last ads I saw said 35/ 1
yr, 15 /2 yr contract so I'm expecting a 3rd account is floating around
somewhere with just the activation for the PA number. The bill I see online
doesn't mention the PA number that was assigned to the phone for 30 min with
a cheap local plan.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Quick wrote:
> cricket wrote:
>
>>Bad form to talk to myself, I know... but... did they
>>drop the activation fee? I didn't pay it when I got the
>>phone in PA and it's not on this bill... which leaves me
>>wondering if a) it's no longer charged or in all the
>>changes, it got overlooked. <haha> or b) I'll have
>>another bill coming for the 30 min the phone had a PA
>>number. (I'm pretty sure $15 was added to the bill for
>>the phone I added in Dec - but they closed that account
>>after the 3rd phone was added and I can't look at the old
>>bill to verify. Damn paperless billing.)
>>
>>In looking at the pdf closer, the primary number still
>>has 100 free text. That was added by a promotion either
>>when I got that number or in a promo soon after and I
>>expected it to drop off with the change in plans. So...
>>now I feel it's definitely not worth arguing the 2 day
>>charge when they put the new phone on it's own $40/mo
>>plan instead of on the family share. (Or did I not read
>>the fine print and it's part of the new FS? It's only on
>>the primary - I had a whopping 22 cents for text
>>messaging on the other two lines.)
>

> My understanding is that activation is only charged when
> establishing new service (new line) and then is waived for
> a 2 yr. contract. I forgot if you added new lines or just moved
> things around.
>
> -Quick

The activation fee is no longer waived for the two year contract; it is
now $15 for two years, and $35 for one year.

Tom