What does this error message mean and what do I do?

Hi,

My computer keeps restarting. The event log gives me,

'IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
further diagnose the problem.'

What on earth is an IPSec monitor snap-in? I can't find one anywhere.

My computer is an AMD processor, 512Mb RAM and I use AOl and Norton.

Any help is gratefully recieved.

Regards,

Iain.
1 answer Last reply
More about what error message

    "IainC25" <IainC25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My computer keeps restarting. The event log gives me,
    >
    >'IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
    >interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
    >machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
    >desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
    >further diagnose the problem.'
    >
    >What on earth is an IPSec monitor snap-in? I can't find one anywhere.
    >
    >My computer is an AMD processor, 512Mb RAM and I use AOl and Norton.
    >
    >Any help is gratefully recieved.

    I doubt that this item in the Security log is the underlying cause of
    your problem.

    Use Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings button
    in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section. In the Startup and
    Recovery window click on the checkbox for "Automatically restart" to
    clear it then click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    That should put an end to your restarts but may result in some "Blue
    Screen Of Death" STOP error messages. If this does happen then the
    contents of the STOP message, including the STOP code and all 4
    parameters plus any file or module name mentioned will be a direct
    clue as to the cause of the problem.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --