help - Need Silver Conducting Pen

G

Does anybody know where to purchase these 'silver conducting pens' for unlocking AMD chips? yes, i know about the graphite pencil trick, but i am looking for a more permanent solution. i am in canada, eh, and have checked all my local radio shack stores and they have never heard of such a wonderous device and now they think i am crazy. Even if you don't know where to get them in canada, informing me of an online retailer would be a great help. Thank you in advance.
James

G

I didn't have a conductive pen handy or .5mm pencil so I came up with this one, I've never seen it suggested anywhere before but I also wanted something more permanent than flakey graphite also and it worked great for me:

Get hold of some regular solder (thin is better) and take a a utility knife or sharp scissors and cut then end off at an angle to make a sharp point. Then cut the first 1/2 inch or so off and hold it with tweezers near the sharp tip you cut. Simply rub the tip back and forth with firm pressure over the broken L1 connections and it builds up a nice layer. The chip potting they use is very abrasive and picks up the solder easily.

Worked great for me first time and I bet it's more reliable than a semi conductive pencil.

Bet you tell I'm also from Canada eh.

hippo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used standrad conductive silver paint any electronics shtore should carry and a very fine tipped brush. Just don't interconnect two different pairs of the L1-L8 bridges with a big blob. It's easy and you can *undo* it by removing the paint using any cleansing alcohol.